What was the last movie you saw?

I really enjoy watching those old B&W flicks. Currently, I've been watching a lot of the original Little Rascals (Spanky, Stymie, Weezer, Porky, Alfalfa, Dorothy, Chubby, Buckwheat, Jackie, Mary etc etc.)

Don't forget Petey, the friendly pit bull. :D

Leo Gorcey, Huntz Hall, Muggs, Glimpy, Slip, Satch, East Side Kids, Bowery Boys. All a piece of the same cloth and loads of fun for a kid growing up in the '50s.

Is this some kind of follow on from the Dead End Kids? I seem to recall them (and Gorcey in particular) being in Angels With Dirty Faces.

A great movie. And it's Michael Caine's first film. According to his autobiography he claims that he 'completely screwed up' his part and was told by the director he would 'never work in this industry again'.

Did you see the slightly sweatier British cut or the less fleshy American version?

Untitled | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Link contains an image of near chestal nudity and may not be NSFW (if you work for prudes):

I knew it was him! Haha, thanks for reminding me about that, I almost forgot.

I think I saw the "slightly sweatier" cut :)

Really great film, ambiguous ending, loved it.

Is this some kind of follow on from the Dead End Kids? I seem to recall them (and Gorcey in particular) being in Angels With Dirty Faces.

Looks like there were several versions with pretty much the same characters, differently named. Between the "Dead End Kids" and the "East Side Kids", there were "The Little Tough Guys". The "Bowery
Boys" were the last version chronologically. In sum there were quite a number of films featuring Gorcey & company.

Looks like there were several versions with pretty much the same characters, differently named. Between the "Dead End Kids" and the "East Side Kids", there were "The Little Tough Guys". The "Bowery
Boys" were the last version chronologically. In sum there were quite a number of films featuring Gorcey & company.

Thanks for the info. I'll have to try and check out a few more of these movies.

Got round to watching Man of Steel, many people didn't like it. I did. I liked it alot, superman is more real, more emotional.

Tintin (2011) I loved the books as a kid and as an adult am full of admiration of Herge's wonderful draughtsmanship and story-telling skills. The movie started off well, some nice dialogue and funny asides, but somewhere along the way it lost me. I think it was the endless camera movement. Every shot was full of so much swooshing and swooping and swirling about that by the time we got round to the over-excited chase sequences they had to pile on so much absurdity into the action that it became unbearably OTT stupid. One of the joyous thing about the books was - absurdly improbable coincidences aside - the action took place in a very real and recognisable world. A world where the laws of physics - if not exactly adhered to - were at least recognisably close by. The movie was just souped-up Hollywood bollocks. "More is not necessarily more." and "Just because you can doesn't mean you have to." are words that need to be tattooed on the inside of Steven Spielberg's eyelids.

American Hustle last night...good film good performances all around (Jennifer Lawrence is one of our finest young actors, and Jeremy Renner was surprising, and quite good, as a New Jersey city mayor). But, wow, the greatest thing was the surprise Godzilla trailer! We live in a very small town, in a rural part of Finland, and many-many foreign-to-Finland movies never play in the sticks (even true blockbusters), but OMG, we ARE getting Godzilla!! Finns are very conservative in crowds...very little talking, very little eye contact...and you can hear a pin drop in a movie theater, they are so respectful of the other person's space. I hope the ten or so other patrons of the movie last night will forgive me for the little "WOW!" of joy I let loose when I realized--about 1.5 seconds in--that we were seeing trailer for Godzilla. :)

Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai. What an odd little film. Enjoyed it a lot though, must have missed it when it was released cos its far from new. The phone he uses to hack ignitions and gates is a proper nokia brick from the dark ages

American Hustle last night...good film good performances all around (Jennifer Lawrence is one of our finest young actors, and Jeremy Renner was surprising, and quite good, as a New Jersey city mayor). But, wow, the greatest thing was the surprise Godzilla trailer! We live in a very small town, in a rural part of Finland, and many-many foreign-to-Finland movies never play in the sticks (even true blockbusters), but OMG, we ARE getting Godzilla!! Finns are very conservative in crowds...very little talking, very little eye contact...and you can hear a pin drop in a movie theater, they are so respectful of the other person's space. I hope the ten or so other patrons of the movie last night will forgive me for the little "WOW!" of joy I let loose when I realized--about 1.5 seconds in--that we were seeing trailer for Godzilla. :)

I'm planning on checking out American Hustle, would you say that you'd recommend it?
Well, I'll watch anyways since Jennifer Lawrence is awesome :p

Thor 2... Pretty good (is it just me or do these Marvel Films get better and better with each film released?)

For Thor 2 especially. :) Thor wasn't bad, but Thor 2 was better.

We watched Catching Fire last night. It was pretty good; I think they've done a good job capturing Collins' novels. Very much looking forward to the next installment. Is it true they are splitting the third book into 2 movies?

I'm planning on checking out American Hustle, would you say that you'd recommend it?
Well, I'll watch anyways since Jennifer Lawrence is awesome :p

Hi Camorra! Oh yes, it is definitely worth seeing! It's a good story, and interestingly told. The acting is top notch (Lawrence has some amazing-amazing moments...she is wonderful!). The clothes are amazing, there is a ton of great, period music...the music is integrated into the action, and really adds depth, in many scenes. And the opening scene with Christian Bale is quite startling...he has changed his appearance before for movie roles, but this is really quite surprising! So yes, please do go see American Hustle! :)

300: Rise of an Empire

Not as good as Zack Snyder's original (new director, though Snyder co-wrote the screenplay). BUT still very watchable, with epic sea battle scenes.

I'd still want to own the Blu-ray and re-watch, as I did with the first 300.

Bad Grandpa - Very funny movie not as vulgar as the Jackass franchise but lots of laugh out loud moments.

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - Good action movie that seemed to have lost the plot a bit somewhere. Good SFX especially the London scene. And as usual the obligatory 10 seconds of Arnold Vosloo not having a decent role in the movie.