What was the last movie you saw?

Australia, what a cringe inducing, poorly acted, overblown, cliche ridden pile of kangaroo doo doo.

What?! You mean it isn't an accurate depiction of life in the land down under? :p:D

I hope people who watch it do not think a) this is what Australia (the country) is like or b) this is the best Australian film making has to offer.

Haven't watched that many Australian films. Managed about 40 minutes of Australia. But watched all of Rompa, Black Water and some other one whose name escapes me (two police officers and a crim broken down somewhere), and enjoyed all of those.

Oh, and I forgot. The Mad Max films. For some reason I always forget they are Australian.

Watched Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow. I like any film that has an unusual look to it. Can't say much more about anything else, as I only really had one eye on it. At intermittent points.

Blade Runner
Still almost depressingly good. I suspect the new Red Dwarf was actually sponsored by Warner Bros whose sales of the Blade Runner DVD have probably increased tenfold!

OMFG I totally undoubtedly, no questions asked what-so ever LOVED that film!! It sooooooooooooo good!!!!! Its great :D

Urm.... I'm not totally sure what the last post is about.... But the last film I watched was Clueless.... I can't really explain it... Blonde american rich girl loses her popularity then gets it and falls for her brother thats not really here brother. Your average Chick Fick :D

Clueless is a modern retelling of the Jane Austen novel, Emma.

Just watched The Day The Earth Stood Still on our brand new LG 32 inch HD tv. Ok its nowt like the original,in fact its like a totally different story but we rather enjoyed it! It kind of reminded me a bit of Childhood's End by ACClarke except the aliens were here to save us not the planet.
Either way its good stuff!

Seen these recently:

RED. A Korean war vet goes after the teenage delinquents responsible for the death of his beloved dog. Considering the protagonist's background and mental state...I had initially anticipated a gore filled killing spree. But surprisingly the movie takes a very different approach...Bill Cox's portrayal of this enigmatic character was fascinating. His complexity coupled with a believable antagonist made the whole film very unpredictable. Great movie, highly recommended.

Resident Evil: Degeneration. A 3D animated movie. Not in the same continuity as the three excellent movies sharing the former half of the title. The story is simply a bloated and extended version of a plot-thread taken from the myriad of such in the successful PS1/2/3 games. The whole thing had the look and feel the video game and is probably geared mostly towards the fans of the franchise. Though it is self-contained enough to be watchable, I suspect it would hardly make any impression on non-gamers as it did with me.

Death Proof. two-thirds of the whole movie was all dialogue. This could hardly be called character development...There was a very disturbing/cool car chase/stunt scene towards the end but the "climax" took much of the punch out of it IMHO... Tarantino can certainly write and the whole movie is very stylized as with all of his movies. No doubt most up-and-coming aspiring young film makers and Tarantino fans will wet their pants over this. But I've seen very little of the hallmarks of a great film in this (in the conventional sense anyway), perhaps this was intentional...either way this was not my thing.

AE said:
Tis good. We got 1 and 2,box set

Yes, same here. Bought it the other day to expand my horror collection that little bit more. I also have the original Rings 1, 2 and 3 in a box set.

3?
Didn't know there was a third!

Yeah. Well, it's called Ring 0, actually, and is the prequel to Ring, taking place thirty years before the events in that film. Haven't watched it yet, though.

And while looking up this, I see the third American film will be made in 2011. Yeah!