What was the last movie you saw?

There's only one The Wicker Man film (just like there's only three Indiana Jones films...)

Didn't watch it all, unfortunately. Will definitely have to one day soon.

I watched two movies since my last post.

Resident Evil
Fluke

I liked Fluke better because it makes people think deeply and I love storylines like that as it's like a story with a moral, but you don't get your nose rubbed in it.

I liked resident evil for one thing only, and that is "the licker" it seemed to be the first original creature created in fiction for a long time; usually writers pick off from what already exists in mythology and metamorphose it.

What so negative about that.

Did you see the first movie ?

Im a fan of the books because they are clever urban fantasy with so much Russian style to it. That makes it different. Refereshing after so many anglo saxon versions...
I enjoyed the books my comment about it being too Russian was influenced by my recent viewing of Red Heat During the Bus chicken game Belushi says something along the lines of This is way too Russian for me.
Talking of the books what is with the pathetic claim that Sergei Lukyanenko is Harry Potter Russian style. A more blatent attempt to cash in you would be hard to find. The Watch books are modern Russian classics without the need to link them to a famous name with which they have no connection. Just seen on Amazon the directors cut of both watch films available in one set for £4.99.

I watched Lost and Delirious last night (which you can see on Google Video: Lost And Delirious), and I really liked it. I especially liked the journey and change that Mischa Barton's charachter went through (as well as Piper Perabio's), although I wanted more rage and insanity. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I suppose Valerie in V for Vendetta could qualify, but that's fairly subdued.

I watched Lost and Delirious last night (which you can see on Google Video: Lost And Delirious), and I really liked it. I especially liked the journey and change that Mischa Barton's charachter went through (as well as Piper Perabio's), although I wanted more rage and insanity. Does anyone have any recommendations for me? I suppose Valerie in V for Vendetta could qualify, but that's fairly subdued.

Likewise (damn edit time limit), Jodie Foster in The Brave One (Stanger Inside if you're in Europe) is another example.

Sophie Scholl An excellent German movie about the White Rose student resistance movement in Munich 1942.

Sticking with 1942 Germany: Downfall, a 150 minute detailing of Hitler's last days in the bunker. Fascinating and well acted. Some of the English subtitles were not exact translations of the dialogue, but close enough and the mood was captured quite well.

My First Venture into Sci-Fi?

About to take the family to see 'Race to Witch Mountain' and had a thought.....

Now I'm sure this must be on another thread somewhere in the Chrons but I'm positive the original Escape to Witch Mountain was the first Sci-Fi film I went to see and probably was the key that unlocked my interest in Sci-Fi and wondering....what's up there :confused:

And no I don't mean between my ears when I say what's up there! :p:D

I think I will pass on the new Race to Witch Mountain and watch the originals. I'm not big on remakes, I just hunt down the original and buy it. LOL. HA HA HOLLYWOOD TAKE THAT!

Anyways...

I keep trying to watch "Blindness" which is about a virus that makes everyone blind. But it is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sooooooooooooooooooo boring I can't get into it. I mean.....it is very boring. Did I mention it was boring?

Speaking of remakes, it seems that Clash of the Titans is being remade.

WHYYYYYYYYY!? *Shakes fist at sky*

I refuse to accept that.

We should form a coalition and march.

PS: Blindness is starting to get better now, after the first 40 minutes....but still lame....

Speaking of remakes, it seems that Clash of the Titans is being remade.
*smashes fist repeatedly off desk*

Why do they insist on trying to ruin the memories of my childhood? Why?:mad:

Stupid, no-good, money-grubbing swines. Probably wouldn't know an original idea if it came up and gave them a haircut.

Ahem. Sorry. Don't know what came over me. I'm alright now.