What was the last movie you saw?

I saw Taken in the cinema after work.

It was better than i expected even if i had high hopes cause it was Luc Besson written,it had good rating from everyone who have seen that i know.

It was the ideal spy/action thriller. It had alot well done action scenes,good acting,emotion to it. For a simple story i enjoyed the film in every scene.

Its also bonus there was an actor who could really act too, it makes these kind of movies better just like Bourne. When i read spy,action thriller books i picture a movie well done as Taken. Meaning if there was ever a movie version.

Best film i have seen in many months. Even though i dont go to the cinema often these days its the best since the summer of 2008 for me.

Now i crave after more Luc Besson and other Liam Nesson starring movies. Shame there cant be a sequal.

Religulous

Not a bad film, but don't watch it if you're religious and easily offended.

I do think Bill Maher could have been not quite so snarky in places. A lot more people would be more likely to consider the points he makes if he hadn't gone out of the way to make fun of the folks and the ideas he doesn't agree with. I mean, if you're going to make a film pushing a point of view, especially a point of view that could be offensive to some of the folks you're trying to convince of your positions, I would think you'd want to cut the snark a bit. On the other hand, Maher is essentially a stand-up comic, and snark is what he does.

He does make some very good points. For example, he asks, "Why is believing something without evidence good?" This is a question I've been asking for years.

He does make some very good points. For example, he asks, "Why is believing something without evidence good?" This is a question I've been asking for years.
As a corollary it could be added that if there is a god it would probably dislike both religion and the religious.

Oh, indeedy. Without identifying with any character...honest...Rorshsach is perhaps the coolest ginger anti-hero (for which, read psycho) in history...;)

I saw Witness,an 80's thriller where an Amish boy sees a murder and to protect him, the cop (Harrison Ford) has to integrate himself into the anti-modernity anti-violence Amish community. Made by Peter Weir (Picnic at Hanging Rock), this is for most part an interesting and visually ravishing off-kilter thriller, which succeeds in presenting its characters without the stereotypic "A-hole cop amongst the crazy folks played for laughs" manner. But the romance element between the cop and the boy's widow mother comes off as contrived, and the climax could have also been better IMO.

Watched THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT last night at the cinema, enjoyed it, it was good to watch a horror film thats not based on a homicidal maniac torturing people.

Daywatch - Way to Russian for me,

What so negative about that.

Did you see the first movie ?

Im a fan of the books because they are clever urban fantasy with so much Russian style to it. That makes it different. Refereshing after so many anglo saxon versions...

Last night I watched Eagle Eye and was pleasantly suprised how good it actually was. It was a movie with plenty of action and a good SF element. The other plus point for the movie is that they keep the main theme of the story hidden until later in the film. You might find this a strange notion, but believe me in this film it really works. I will warn you though, after watching the film you may become quite paranoid...I won't say why because that might spoil it for you!!:D

Night Watch is one my favourite films, perhaps because of its...Russian-ness, if that's what it is. It's refreshingly different to American films, brilliantly stylised. I haven't watch Day Watch yet, despite meaning to, although was a bit disappointed to hear that it was more 'Americanised' than it's prequel.

Night Watch is definitely the better of the two. It isn't that Day Watch is a bad movie per se, but I think that with the success of the first film in both Europe and the States (particularly the latter, I suspect), the makers got a little caught up trying to please both the domestic and foreign markets - and ended up making a bit of a mess of it.

It'll be interesting to see how they've approached Twilight Watch, which I believe comes out either later this year or early 2010.