What was the last movie you saw?

The Bank Job, no idea how accurate it was but it was an entertaining 90 or so minutes.

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army, the characters and the world around them are great as is the relationship between Hellboy and Liz but I wasn't too fussed with the main storyline.

Watched Fellinni's Cazanova again in digitally remastered copy, it is beautiful, the colours are actually just amazing. Also watched The Whale and The Squid which is a good film but disturbed me somewhat because was a bit too close for comfort.

Lawrence of Arabia - still awesome, directors cut or whatever is very long.

and before that:Cool Runnings - totally amazing, how'd I missed this???

The last movie I watched was Fred Claus --- but I'm not interested in saying anything about that. The movie I watched just before it (rented through RedBox) was Hancock. Mmm... most interesting superhero movie I've seen in a long time. It was (to my relief) refreshing to have a less predictable storyline.

Ingmar Bergman's Persona, which, even if I don't count it amongst my absolute fav Bergman's, is still a 'cracking' fractured reality movie and well worth the watching.

Also saw the 1939 film adaptation of Hound of The Baskervilles with Basil Rathbone as Sherlock Holmes. With nice looking locations and a hound that isn't half bad, this is a brisk and mostly enjoyable ride, and Rathbone is clearly having a good time.

Well, they tend to think, they came from a 40's comic book :p Batman got more sanitized and family-friendly in the late 40's and 50's as post-WW2 America settled down to becoming the ultimate consumerism-driven society.
I liked Dark Knight because apart from Ledger's over-hyped (IMO) and underwhelming (IMO again) Joker act, it reminded me a lot of the late 70's Batman comics, where Bat-sy was serious but not the perennially depressed psychopath vigilante he became in some of the later comics. Darknight Detective, that was the key. Batman Begins was a big huge yawn to me, overly portentous and full of hot air.

I have read alot of Batman comics usually from the 80s to now but i liked the 70s too. It is classicly famed for making Batman more,dark, more mature before the hole Dark Knight psychopath of Frank Miller got copied to death. Neal Adams drawn Batman is hard to beat.

I disliked Batman Begins too. I tried to look at outside my love for Batman but it was too much much for me. Nolan wasted too many great characters. Carmine Falcone ? Ra's Al Ghul Batman's classic Bond villain was ruined too. The Dark Knight only worked for because they got Joker right at times and Two Face was near perfect.

Batman still stucks outside Bale's acting. I mean he cant fight and he looks too silly and heavy with the armour when he is trying to be Batman.

I have read alot of Batman comics usually from the 80s to now but i liked the 70s too. It is classicly famed for making Batman more,dark, more mature before the hole Dark Knight psychopath of Frank Miller got copied to death. Neal Adams drawn Batman is hard to beat.

I disliked Batman Begins too. I tried to look at outside my love for Batman but it was too much much for me. Nolan wasted too many great characters. Carmine Falcone ? Ra's Al Ghul Batman's classic Bond villain was ruined too. The Dark Knight only worked for because they got Joker right at times and Two Face was near perfect.

Batman still stucks outside Bale's acting. I mean he cant fight and he looks too silly and heavy with the armour when he is trying to be Batman.

Im glad Im not the only one who feels that way about bale being batman. He is not charismatic and he is very heavy with all the armour, like a tank.
I also wasnt that impressed with Ledger's perfomance but it seems since the guy is dead it is some kind of sacrilege to say anything negative about it.

The 39 Steps, Hitchcock. Watched it with a mate over the weekend. Still very cleve, still terribly witty, even after all these years. The movie's held up quite well, too.