What was the last movie you saw?

how could you forget that?
carrots eating your mind away?

and only film seen recently from me is only a semi film - Ghost in the Shell: Solid State Society

Grand Prix starring James Garner, Yves Montand and Eva Marie Saint.

An oldie but a goodie:)

I thought the technology took a jump backwards in that film.
Keyboard !!!!
In 2001 the crew just talked to HAL.

I was thinking they only did that prior to HAL's voice recognition being re-jiggered, but I may not have noticed all of it. I did notice the monochrome text mode-looking display when Floyd was checking Discovery's orbital decay before the mission, though. And, naturally, the giant "chip closet" of HAL's doesn't look like what you'd figure a third-millenium computer would look like, but that was a necessary holdover from 1968/2001. :)

I watched Galaxy Quest the other night and found it quite enjoyable.

and it works on so many levels with jokes about SF conventions and the casts and writers of SF shows.

Saw Samurai I - Musashi Miyamoto, the first in a trilogy of films about a character who goes from being a wild fighter to a disciplined Samurai. A little on the melodramatic side, but still good with a powerful lead presence from Toshiro Mifune, the star of so many Kurosawa films before they fell out of each other.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: Was pretty good. I am a big fan of Indy films. The storyline wasn't as good as the previous three but still enjoyable. The only character that really bugged me was the one played by Ray Winstone (Mac).

Ironman: Hands-down one of the best superhero movies ever. Not overdone but not underdone either. Robert Downey Jr. was prefectly cast for this role. "Truth is...I am Ironman!" Just awesome!. Remember to keep watching until after the credits for a surprise.

I last saw Appleseed. I don't see why people didn't like it I thought it was really not that bad.

Watched Burn after Reading while floating over the North Sea and it was ok, Brad Pitt played a great part, Malkovitch is starting to look like Richard Wilson.. was waiting for him to say "I don't bellliiieeveee it" :)

I saw "In Bruges" last weekend - excellent: A gangster movie set in Bruges with a juxtapositon of medievil and contemporary crime. This weekend I am hoping to see "The Band's Visit" which is a film about an Egyptian band stranded in Israel for a weekend.
I tend towards the art movie circuit as the drek shown at the commercial cinemas is just too terrible. Well, with te exception of something with either Daniel Craig or Brad Pitt - if they are in something I would watch it even if the plot was point drying.
Another amazing film I saw recently was "Into the Silence" about Chartrusian Monks in France - really incredible and worth looking out for. They are a silent order, so the film is - naturally- pretty silent.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, newly acquired on DVD.

A re-watch of John Carpenter's The Fog. I still find this one (despite flaws) to be a rather well-told old-fashioned ghost story, with a great deal of charm, atmosphere and genuine tension, and with a minimum of gore and almost no gratuitous violence....