What was the last movie you saw?

I just got back from The Dark Knight. WOW... It was amazing! Everything about it clicked. I'll have to go see it at least one more time in the theater!:D

Can't wait to see it, Rothgar. Hopefully this week...

Watched Atonement last night, and while it wasn't 'as near perfect a film as you'll find', as the box yelled at me, it wasn't bad at all. Quite effective non-linear story-telling, and very well shot.

Several friends and I went on a movie marathon last night. We started with Hellboy 2, went on to Journey to the Centre of the Earth and ended with War of the Dragons.

The first two were a lot of fun and the third had the worst plot in all creation but it had amazing CGI, which was what we had been there for. The dragons and great serpents were awesome.

Saw "The Bank Job" last night and I think I am in love with Jason Statham. A really good film, its been awhile since I enjoyed a movie this much. Probably rate it 8.5 / 10, ok 9/10.

Just watched Cloverfield. I was expecting it to utter garbage but was fascinated once it all kicked off. The style made it all seem all too real,like watching it on the news,excellent!

Saw Marcel Camus' Black Orpheus (incidentally, Marcel is the brother of writer Albert), which is a reinterpretation of a Greek legend (Orpheus losing his wife Eurydice and going to the Underworld to bring her back) as a contemporary musical set in Brazil. The film has a couple of pretty good ideas, some excellent shots and a charming lead pair (even if Orpheus is quite the cad here), but this whole modern-day interpretation (which also contains some really shitty conversions for the fantastic elements of the story) strips it of the mythical and magical qualities and what we are left with is a mostly mediocre and undernourished love-story.

Derailment and Inside man - both with the rather yummy Clive owen - both good films with unexpected twists

Last night we watched Meet Bill with Aaron Eckhart. I enjoyed it. :)

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been seeing that in the video store and wondered if it was any good. I like Aaron Eckhart a lot.

Watched Keeping Mum earlier. Funny movie. Have also seen in the past few days: National Treasure 2, Night in the Museum (again). I liked National Treasure 2 a lot better than I liked the first one, even though I really don't like Nicholas Cage much at all. Night in the Museum is really a kids' movie, but I like it a lot.

Also tried to watch Gone Baby Gone, but I fell asleep. Not that it was a bad movie. I really liked what I saw. But, I was really tired the night we watched it (movies are a part of my best friend's strategy to provide stress relief for me since my mother broke her hip the other day) and I just sort of couldn't keep my eyes open.

Went and saw Wanted last night.

Any film that starts with the opener A Thousand years ago, which feature a loom of fate is not setting itself up as a neo-realist portrayal. Anyway, Wanted has Angelina Jolie, guns and fast cars to entertain one and what more can you ask for?

Thanks for the recommendation. I've been seeing that in the video store and wondered if it was any good. I like Aaron Eckhart a lot.

You're welcome! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as well. :)

We watched Beowulf last night. I guess it was alright. Perhaps it would have been better in 3D, but I just wasn't all that impressed.

You're welcome! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as well. :)

We watched Beowulf last night. I guess it was alright. Perhaps it would have been better in 3D, but I just wasn't all that impressed.

It was the 3D that made the film for me - not intention of watching it on DVD as it wouldn;t be the same

If I hadn't been so impressed with the effects the film would have been just ok