What was the last movie you saw?

I saw last night on tv a really good and very dark Film Noir calledDetour (1945)

It was very dark and how things only went bad for the main character and his bad luck. Alot of inner dialouge made it clear it was a novel before.

New York nightclub pianist Al Roberts hitchhikes to Hollywood to join his girl Sue. On a rainy night, the sleazy gambler he's riding with mysteriously dies; afraid of the police, Roberts takes the man's identity. But thanks to a blackmailing dame, Roberts' every move plunges him deeper into trouble.

10,000BC; slow, almost ponderous... used the fast forward control more than once.
Good visuals, fair acting, fair story.
The critics were right on this one.

Enjoy!

I watched several episodes of Las Vegas, but the last movie was The Young Visitors, of which I was making screencaps of Mr. Hugh Laurie for icon making at a later date. ;)

Seen two flicks this week:

"Teeth" - the indie Sundance thing, which was okay, though no bloke will come out able to walk straight.

(and)

"Wanted" - which in out-and-out action, stunts, effects, banted/dialogue, and all that makes me want to go to the movies, it's utterly one hundred out of ten. Will be hoping to see it again over the weekend. Slight suspension of disbelief of course, but assuming that, awesome.

Not quite a film, but hardly a tv programme (well, it is, but...oh, screw it) I'm watching Bottom Live at the moment. I love the tv series, it was (sorry, Till!) one of my favourites when I were a kid. Used to have to ask to stay up until 9:30pm so I could watch it...:D

The Full metal Alchemist movie the Conquerors of Shamballa. It's a really good end to the whole series.

Untraceable

Competent thriller but with a strange pertinence about it.
It has an internet lab hunting a serial killer. Looking at the reviews on IMDB there are references to SAW, a film I have not seen (not into hard horror, cut and slash).

Having read the book and been forewarned, I could never bring myself to watch that scene at the end of Hannibal and here, had I known, I would not.
I am anti censorship but is some vanilla 'content includes disturbing scenes' really appropriate?
It can be argued that in todays society that awareness rather than naivety is a necessary survival trait but is it worth the disturbing imagery?

Not quite a film, but hardly a tv programme (well, it is, but...oh, screw it) I'm watching Bottom Live at the moment. I love the tv series, it was (sorry, Till!) one of my favourites when I were a kid. Used to have to ask to stay up until 9:30pm so I could watch it...:D
I'll let you off...this time.:D:p

Got bored and watched Nikita for the umpteenth time last night. Which I have just realised was made before Hoopy was even born...:rolleyes:

Well, damn. I thought it was older than that. I knew the American re-make was early 90s, but thought the original was early-mid 80s. Oh, well: can't be right all the time.

Or even most of the time...;)

Infinitely better, I think. I've never been one for re-makes, and Point of No Return (or The Assassin, as I think it was called over here) is no exception. Apart from anything else, Anne Parillaud is much wilder than Bridget Fonda in the title role, and much more believable.

And I'm a huge fan of Luc Besson, which helps.:p