What was the last movie you saw?

Not just one movie...original three Starwars movies back to back; A New Hope, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi. Lost count of the number of times I've watched these gems, beats the crap out of the butchery that was the 'prequels'.

Cheers, DeepThought

Alien Autopsy
Deja Vu
Memoirs of a Geisha

All quite good in their own ways.

*mumbles mutters and grumbles and scribbles another book onto the "To Read" list*
and here I thought at thread on films was safe from such ;)

Whoever you are, wherever you hide, we will seek you out, and we will add to your towering TBR pile.....

By the way... I've got a great deal on this new house down the street... just in case you need some extra room....:p

A rewatch (for the first time in quite a while) of The Legend of Hell House. While I wish they'd left in some connections (such as Lionel having suffered from polio, which plays a major part in character interaction and motivation where Ann is concerned), and despite the fact that John Hough has never struck me as a particular brilliant director... the film works rather well, and there are some very nice directorial touches here that shows he could do some excellent work at times; not to mention the cinematography is extremely important to the feel of this one....

Brazil, simply superb. In fact it was so good I feel like having a short rant about it. Luckily there's already a thread so I won't inflict it here :).

Gattaca-required viewing for a study project on the themes of dystopian societies, eugenics.

The 40 Year Old Virgin, someone told me that Seth Rogen is in it and he's good and I have to agree the lead Steve Carrell is also great, although it took me 15 minutes to get into the movie, once I did it was very enjoyable.

Last night: Something Wicked This Way Comes. Of course there was no way the fabulous prose in the book could be translated into a movie, but I enjoyed it anyway.

Control at a tiny independent cinema in Berlin

Film 7.5
Music 9.5
Venue 9.5
Seeing Sam Riley at airport 10

I watched "Death at a Funeral" I really enjoyed it, laughed alot. I have not seen a particuarly funny movie in awhile, so this was a nice change.:D

A rather violent and leave your brain to one side night. Watched Shoot 'Em Up first. Despite having something only really resembling a plot, some cheesy lines and the usual obligatory sex and torture scenes, I actually really enjoyed it. First, the gun fights were fantastic -- so many different ways to kill off large groups of men involving guns...and sometimes a carrot. And the parachuting scene was just madness. The ending was good, too -- the most agonising showdown ever, with both men desperately trying to raise their guns first!

And then we watched the Dirty Sanchez film. Jackass is all right, but for some reason I really like watching the crazy Welsh guys in Dirty Sanchez do horrible, violent -- but amusing -- things to one another.

A bit of retro, the stylish Underworld.
Selene is a vampire who hunts lycans (werewolves, they murdered her original family, she was saved and then turned by the vampire Lucian).
Another theme is that a human bitten by a vampire or werewolf inherits their memories. Alas she learns in the film it was actually the vampires that murdered her family. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention but would not the inherited memories have told her that?

Finally got around to watching There Will Be Blood. Absolutely astonishing film, and with a real tour de force performance from Daniel Day Lewis. Not a film for those who want a sympathetic lead character, though...:p