What was the last movie you saw?

At the cinema? Spectre just a couple weeks ago. Good film.

My boss saw it before me and he didn't even twig that Openhauser (or whatever his name was) was Blofeld when the white Persian turned up!

Another new one, Star Leaf. Purportedly about aliens... growing weed in Washington state... it turns into a mess, and by golly it was all a convenient dream, at the end. There are a couple ETs in this movie... but not very convincing, and they are merely a nuisance to the stupid cast... who are annoying.

At the cinema? Spectre just a couple weeks ago. Good film.

My boss saw it before me and he didn't even twig that Openhauser (or whatever his name was) was Blofeld when the white Persian turned up!

Oh thanks. That's another film buggered before I watch it. Can we PLEASE be careful about Spoilers of current/recent releases?

I liked The Last Dinosaur!
I was taken to see The Martian, first theatre visit in years. Dint like it, dint enjoy the preview ads, or the 3d, or the cackling audience, or the price of popcorn or the bus ride downtown. Of course I couldn't say anything because it cost about thirty bux to see a 3-dollar movie, and then Chinese food after, which I did enjoy vastly.

I liked The Last Dinosaur!
I was taken to see The Martian, first theatre visit in years. Dint like it, dint enjoy the preview ads, or the 3d, or the cackling audience, or the price of popcorn or the bus ride downtown. Of course I couldn't say anything because it cost about thirty bux to see a 3-dollar movie, and then Chinese food after, which I did enjoy vastly.
Ack -- I meant to write The Good Dinosaur.

Edited.

Noooo... I was thinking of that other dinosaur movie... where the kid and his Dad crash... and there's a girl... and everyone survives, isn't eaten by Dinos, and doesn't swear like a sailor. Now I have to remember what it was called. Dinosaur Island? Yes, that was it. Recomended. * )

Bridge Of Spies.

Better than I thought it would be. One thing I learned from it is that it was that apparently, in the late 50s, it was always snowing in East Germany and always sun shining in the USA - even at the same time of year!

EARTHFALL. .... more new disaster action as>>(spoilage) The magnetic pole of the Earth flips - meteors everywhere, and lost teenagers are hunted by Mom and Dad as stuff falls from the sky, big storms kill most everyone... some crazy guys snatch the teens and head for 'safe haven' which they think is a safe place for the secret rich and powerful people - but really it's where they are going to set off a super-bomb, which will ignite a huge natural gas deposit - and blow the Earth back into its orbit! Because, we are being dragged off into space by a rogue planet- which is described as a 'gigantic intergalactic magnet.'

SPECTRE, this weekend. Considering it had a pretty long run time it didn't seem long. I thought it was fairly well done.
It is difficult to look at M and not think Monsieur Gustave H., though. :)

Plowing through any and all new 'SF' flicks I can get my lunchooks on .... such as: Area 51, Extraterrestrial, Altered, Extinction, Stranded, Shark Lake, Ticks (1993), uhhh... The Attack of the 60-foot Centerfold. Really.
Ticks is fun. The others... well, what I do now, with borderline schtuff... is edit/hack the thing down to about 10-15 min. In some cases this ends up funny, like in Area 51 where I was able to stick together all instances of characters voicing variations of: 'We gotta get outa here!' Many!
That way you can safely delete turkeys, yet keep a small reminder around, more entertaining than the original.
Altered features a green ET with lots teeth. This one is a mess, but at the very end there is a ten-second spaceship shot that's pretty snazzy.

I actually just got around to watching Ghost. I've never seen it before, obviously recognised a few scenes though from parodies.
However, (do i need spoilers for this 25 year old film? Mind you, I did have Anna Karennina's ending spoilt for me last year as I was reading it.) I had been convinced all this time that the pot making scene that is parodied a lot, was later in the film. I thought it would make a nice connection between the characters after she realised that he actually was still around. I thought it was him helping with the pot from beyond the grave, not just a standard 'love move'. That would have been better, I think!
Actually a good film though, hadn't any clue it was about bank fraud and mystery etc, thought it was a standard paranormal romance for all these years.

Saw Shawshank Redemption for the first time a few days ago as well... Just running though a bunch of oldies that I never got around to seeing :LOL:

Under a rock that's on Mars, I believe :sleep:
I sent out for them, but they didn't work as I needed a darn VCR to play them, so had to get that as well. And by the time everything arrived on Mars in working order, your Earth tech and data transfer speeds had advanced enough that i just watched them all on Netflix!

A good thing this was just films, and didn't lead onto the classic SFF books I haven't gotten too yet:whistle:

I think I must be like LittleStar. When people shifted over to DVD and dumped their VHS I was in heaven. I got given boxes and boxes of tapes and happily caught up with a gazillion films I had never seen before - I still have three working VHS machines plugged into TVs around the house and a few spare ones in the attic. (Some films have never been released on DVD). I've never seen Ghost either (and I though the Shawshank Redeption was pants).