What was the last movie you saw?

Soylent Green (1973)

Interesting scenario. I can't imagine what the sewage situation must be like in a city with 40 million people. I can't say I was surprised by the "twist". When something like that is worked up to being a great mystery and the question is repeated over and over in the trailer, my mind begins thinking of the most shocking twist, and then it's not really shocking anymore.

Have managed to watch three films this week which is amazing considering.
first off was the theory of everything - amazing performance by eddie redmayne really deserved the oscar. Pretty good film much less about the science and more about thw marriage.
secondly was foxcatcher - one of those films where the trailer completely misrepresents the film. So dull and slow. The story should be exciting but it was really boring. Three great performances from mark ruffalo, Steve carrell abd channing tatum.
lastly was birdman - i can't believe this won best film oscar. Wasn't a patch on some of the other nominess. Was The sort of thing hollywood likes. All pretence and ego. Poor film.

Tomorrowland. A foil to the grim future that is Mad Max: Fury Road. A bright shiny future is possible, but only we we make it.

A fun film with some rather good acting from all parties. And I generally don't like George Clooney.

Batteries Not Included. I can't believe that I haven't seen this movie. I thought it was cute.

Spider-Man. Again, I hadn't seen this and was pleasantly surprised by it.

Transformers: Age of Extinction. It was ok. The final battle was a bit too long, though.

Prometheus.
Interesting in parts.
Have to agree with the criticism that Scott shortchanged the public with the ending

oh yeah
and
Oblivion
Freeman and Cruise coasting on routine in a mediocre scenario.
Ne le Dis Personne
French rendering of a Harlan Cobden Novel
heartily recommended
Taut direction,rollercoaster pace(after a slowish start),plot twists,plus a heck of a love story
Go see this one folks

Last edited:
Last week we saw Yankee Doodle Dandy and George M. Cohen songs have been going through my mind all week. One of my favorite musicals. Today we went to see Woman In Gold with Helen Mirren. Totally captivated my interest, 5 out of 5 stars. And the tunes finally stopped, at least for the duration of the film. They have since come back.

Well, I'm a little ashamed of myself. No, I didn't recognize your avatar as a Freas but it looks like an early Freas, form Astounding maybe?

Until The End Of The World One of my very favourite films and it was good to see it again after so many years:)

We watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) & Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) last night. Both very enjoyable - even William Shatner's dubious acting :)

I watched Shutter Island last night for the first time, and although I guessed the major twist after about twenty minutes from the start it was still quite enjoyable. The ending was a 'nice' ambiguous double-take. The music that it employed was excellent.

Event Horizon (1997) admittedly a bit on the formulaic side with your standard collection of 'interesting' characters.
A lot of folk slated it when it was released but I really like it.

Don't know what that says about me:confused: