What was the last movie you saw?

Seventh Son. Saw this one for Ben Barnes. What a beautiful boy. As for the film, it was alright. Good enough. Doesn't deserve the bad press it's had. Typical fantasy film, really. The ending was an anti-climax, but I've not read the book it's based on, so it might be like that in the book for all I know.

Jeff Bridges was bloody awful though. Could barely understand a word he was saying as it sounded as if he was speaking through fat globules. Yuck.

Totally adore Olivia Williams. Didn't quite understand why both she and Ben had to use the faux American accents though when the setting is kinda medieval, but again, I've not read the books so don't know whether it's supposed to be olde America or something.

Solomon Kane This movie seems to attract a lot of criticism but I rather enjoyed it:)

"Fantastic Voyage" (1966)

Haven't seen this film in donkey's years, but still pretty decent despite the iffy special effects and acting.

Always good to see Donald Pleasence & Stephen Boyd in action.

Oh, and of course, there's Raquel Welch being attacked by "seaweed"

Well I sat done and watched Breaking Dawn part 2 last night - and although I have to admit it was miles better than part 1...I have to ask the question. Is how the film ended, the same way the books end?

Because I thought it was a massive cop out and really very unsatisfying. Especially the climatic 'battle'.

Kikujiro (1999)

Am a big fan of Japanese actor/director, Takeshi Kitano, and this particular film is one of his best & most accessible of all his eclectic movies; and of course the musical score, by Takeshi resident Joe Hisaishi, is a delight and perfect here.

Richard III (1955)

I recently recieved a boxset of Laurence Olivier's Shakespeare film classics, courtesy of Criterion.

Richard III, was a wonderful experience (have seen numerous versions both on stage and screen over the years, but this ranks as the best). Olivier was perfect as Richard - and as soon as he introduced himself to us via soliloquy "Now is the winter of our discontent... " I just knew I was in for a treat. And by the end of the film I was not disappointed.

Still have his Hamlet & Henry V to enjoy over this Easter holiday

Richard III, was a wonderful experience (have seen numerous versions both on stage and screen over the years, but this ranks as the best). Olivier was perfect as Richard - and as soon as he introduced himself to us via soliloquy "Now is the winter of our discontent... " I just knew I was in for a treat. And by the end of the film I was not disappointed.
First saw this on a television broadcast many years ago, probably when it first came out in 1955. It was considered a major event. It was amazing to me, even at that tender age, how Olivier's presence could fill the stage despite his "dogs bark at me" persona.

Dark Star. As a lifelong SF fan, I hadn't seen this but heard much about it. It was ok but not as good as I was expecting.

Divergent. I was pleasantly surprised and I really enjoyed this movie.

23 Jump Street. Not as good as 22 Jump Street but still quite funny.

Furious 7. Some seriously cringeworthy dialogue and stunts to make your eyes roll, but somewhat fun. Just don't think too hard about it. It's about 30 minutes too long, but I expect that's because they padded it out with every stitch of film they had on Paul Walker.

Dark Star. As a lifelong SF fan, I hadn't seen this but heard much about it. It was ok but not as good as I was expecting.
Like a number of SF films, Dark Star is a little bit rooted in the time it was produced (1974). When it first came out, I was planning on skipping it because it was reputed to be amateurish. But a friend told me I should see it. So I went to the theater with low expectations and came away with a grin on my face. It was just campy enough to enthrall me (esp. Dan O'Bannon and the beach ball alien). Now, 40 years later, it has become a cult classic and can never live up to its hype. Still fun though.

I switched my brain off and watched Charlie's Angels for the first time tonight. As the end credits rolled:
Me: "Well... that was even shitter than I was expecting..."
No 2 Daughter (aged 10): "Yep."

We should have watched Dark Star. I think she would have liked Dark Star.

The Hobbit: The Battle of Five Armies (2014) - Very good, and by-the-numbers (mostly).

Big Hero 6 (2014) - Better than I thought it was going to be. Great homage to comics and anime.

Throne of Blood (1957) - another Akira Kurosawa, that more or less completes my Kurosawa Samurai film-fest for Easter.

An obvious adaption of Shakespeare's MacBeth, the film is quite unsettling with its ghostly apparitions, relentless foggy landscapes, barren wastelands & "living" forests. On top of all this doom & gloom is the story itself: one of betrayal, revenge, plotting & bloody murder!

Kurosawa regular, Toshiro Mifune, has never been better (or sinister), as the samurai warrior scheming his way to power, helped by an equally calculating wife; and then, like most things in life, when you reach the top, there's no where else to go but down... or out!

Great film!

Wyrmwood. Aussie zombie movie. Nothing if not imaginative. Fast, clever, meaty. Yum.

Finally got a chance to see Interstellar and Wow...just Wow!

Nolan's movies just seem to get better and better.

I think 2001 has finally got a rival:)

I watched Wish I was Here from Zach Braff. It wasn't a bad movie, and I did like his acting and the music, as always, was right up my alley. But the movie was missing something, like a piece of its soul wasnt there. Kate Hudson didn't bring a lot of depth to it which was too bad because I like her, and Mandy Patinkin was off too.