What book are you reading right now? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Golden Compass series is good, but you need to read it from the beginning for it to make any sense.

Pu aside "The Age of Missing Information" for the time being to grab LKH's "Guilty Pleasures" and try that one again -- was in a Harry Dresden groove and couldn't quite get into reading this one before, but maybe I can make it through this time.

I'm actually reading a history book on the 40's at the moment. My muse gave me an interesting idea, but I need to do some research first.

Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy.

I bought it in the departures lounge at Luton Airport last year and finished it in my first week on holiday, enjoyed it then and it is petty good now. A great book.

Rainbow 6 is an excellent book. Definitely a must-read for any Tom Clancy fan. I finished it a while ago.

yes that is a good one, but if u have the time than also try Exuctive orders and the Bear and the Dragon, also good

i just finished the newest STar WArs novel, Force heritic 1: remanent. it was very good:D:rolly2:

now im reading Grey hunter:rolly2:

i finished Grey Hunter in like 2 hours thats the fastes i have ever read a book:eek: , dang was it good:rolly2: .

im now reading Straight Silver:rolly2:

Stargate

I found the book that was published alongside the movie! It is pretty good and it goes into a lot more detail about story and the characters then the film did..

im reading War of honor, a book i highly recomend, it is part of a series called the Honor harrington books, by david weber;):rolly2:

Well, finally finished reading LKH's "Guilty Pleasures" - it was okay -but it seemed like most everything happened at the end, like all the other stuff was just there to fill the pages in the middle until Anita got to the end and kicked everyone's butt - might give another book a try later, but for now ----

It's Raymond Chandler's "The Big Sleep" -

At the moment, I'm in the middle of "The Fifth Sorceress" by Robert Newcomb (sp?). It's a decent fantasy novel, but not too memorable.

I also picked up the first book from the new "Tawny Man" series by Robin Hobb. It features the character Fitz, who is now a grown man in his thirties. I'm only a few pages into it, but Robin Hobb's books are always enjoyable. I don't know if that's the author's real name or just a pen name.

I highly recommend the Assassin's Quest series, which introduces the character Fitz as an apprentice assassin, and the Liveship Traders series, which also takes place in the same fantasy world, but has nothing to do with Fitz's story.

A friend gave me an old scifi flick called "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" (1966). It's good. About a prison on the moon that eventually becomes a colony. Then automation creates a huge super computer that "wakes up". It unwittingly becomes part of a revolution/revolt to free "luna" from the "authority". I'm only half way through, but it might turn out that the computer becomes a dictator type. We'll see.

Author: Robert A. Heinlein (front of book says this guy wrote Starship Troopers - ok, my opinion has just fallen several notches)

Status
Not open for further replies.