Blade II (2002)

Discussion in 'General Film Discussion' started by rde, Apr 2, 2002.

rde

rde New Member

Blade 2

Just saw Blade 2 in the cinema; great fun.
    If you've seen the first one, you'll know what to expect; if you haven't you've no business wondering about the sequel.
    Anyway, Blade is a half human, half vampire who's mission in life is to kill vampires. It's based on the marvel comic of old, and the first film was highly enjoyable, due in no small part to director Stephen Norrington, whom you might remember (but probably won't) from the excellent-but-schlocky Death Machine.
    This sequel is directed by Guillermo del Toro, who made Cronos (one of the best vampire movies you'll ever see) and the terrible Mimic; thankfully, he's doing good stuff once again.

Non-stop action movie, with quite a few nitpicks that don't detract from the story (an egregious ignoring of the laws of physics is, I suppose, only to be expected). My only complaint: Donnie Yen appears in this movie, and he's shockingly underused. Hardly does a thing. Bloody criminal, in a movie that features so much hand-to-hand combat.

It's no oscar nominee, but it's good fun, albeit somewhat gory if you're put off by that sort of thing.
    markpud

markpud Retired super-mod-erator!

i loved the first one, I will hopefulyl get out to see this one before long!
    Chilly

Chilly New Member

this luux way cool
    i like the way the vamps facing open up to reveal fangs!
    Tabitha

Tabitha Save Angel!

I was totally unimpressed with this movie...

If you have seen the first movie then you should be disappointed by this one, it doesn't really do anything that exciting with the material.

The only things that salvaged a little bit for me were
    1) realising that Luke Goss from "Bros" was the main bad guy
    2) seeing Danny John Jules in a straight role (he is also the Cat in Red Dwarf)

Don't get me wrong - it's not a total waste of 90mins of your life, but it's not far off :wink2:
    nic

nic Stomping Turnips

Hmm, Im picking up a vibe that you didn't really enjoy it Tabitha! ;)
    I ain't seen Blade 2 yet, but I shall be going to see it. I thought Blade was ok, not one of my fav films, but it had some good fight sequences.
    Tabitha

Tabitha Save Angel!

What made you think that nic? :lol:

Nah, it's alright, I usually really like movies like this, but there was just something missing here...

Resident Evil is a much more fun 90mins of the same kinda stuff IMO - go see that instead!
    Krystal

Krystal New Member

I enjoy the movie, compare with the first movie I totally prefer the first but this was good and was interesting. The things I enjoy were: Ron Perlman as one of the vampires squad that help Blade. I always have love his acting since Beauty and the Beast. And it was good to see him, his character was cool. Also enjoy the thing about the new breed, as Chilly say the way they open to take a bite, it was gross but cool. :eek: I enjoy the story about Damaskinos and his sons. For me it was a surprise that Nomak was the son of Damaskinos and brother of Nyssa. Also it was good to see Whistler again. I like his interaction in the movie with Scud. All the thing with Scud also take me by surprise. :D

As I say, I prefer the first but this one was cool and have an interesting story.

Krystal :p
    markpud

markpud Retired super-mod-erator!

Mmm yeah I have seen Blade 2 now, and it isn't as good as the first, but it's still stylish and action-packed..
    Annette

Annette This is Star - my honey!!

Gosh this is an old thread isn't it? Thought I'd wake it up.

I must admit I did enjoy this film, must be the only one (apart from Krystal). It took me a while to realise that Luke Goss was the main vampire. Make up was good hehehe!!!

Lots of blood and gore in this, turned my stomach a bit, but hey I was strong and watched the rest of the movie.

Took my friend to see this at the flicks and I've never seen anyone jump so much. Hehehe!! Aren't I wicked??

annette :D