Jaffa's shaved heads

Vera

Peaceful Explorer
Any thoughts why Jaffa must keep his head shaved (Teal'c said it in the ep. Holiday)?

Damn good question. I assume it's not something the Gou'ald force them to do, otherwise Teal'c would be the last person to keep his head shaved. Perhaps it's a cultural thing.

lol

its coz i told them guys with shaven heads look cuter! i mean look at vin diesel!

oops sorry guys
im just mesing
i dont know why they do it!
sorry 4 wasting ur time! lol

tec'ma'te brave Jaffa and slaves .. i mean tau'ri :D

there r some armies on the tau'ri homeworld where soldiers must cut their hair, too -- not as short as Jaffa but also a definite lenght ...

it has some reasons .... a) it's more sanitarily to have no hair when much people live in one room / barracks ...

b) their "head plate" / serpent helmets will not fit if they've too much hair and it would look terrible if a Jaffa wears long hair in combination with the "head plate" ...

c) it's god Apophis' order

lek'tol,
Jaffa Geronimo of Apophis

The alternate univers Tea'lc had a big long pony tail...which looked kinda cool

i think that it is because of the head plate, or it could also be because the emblem on the forehead needs to be seen. but in one of the eps when bre'tac(sp?) brings his apprentice back to SGC when he is injured you can see that he has hair

Originally posted by batin
but in one of the eps when bre'tac(sp?) brings his apprentice back to SGC when he is injured you can see that he has hair
And you can also see it in The Mask Of Zorro. :cool:

Back