System Lords

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

Have seen the poll, but not voted yet - but only because I am still at the end of S4, and so apart from Osiris haven't actually seen any of the above for the FIRST time yet! :(

I'm not gonna vote either, cos I generallly like all System Lords. :D

Replying again, and still only at ep4 in s5, the rest of the season is presumably going to look pretty good given the above list!

Personally, I thought Cronus was really cool.....and he's my favourite even if they did kill him off.

However, I thought Baal had rather a wicked glint in his eye too.....

So they'll probably kill him off too!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I liked Yu. He's menacing, interesting and complex. So I'm surprised TPTB haven't offed him yet.

I think they're using him strategically. The viewers seem quite fond of him in a strange way, so he makes an appearance now and then.

Well, considering I haven't seen but 5 eps of season 5, I don't know half the ppl on the list.

And they killed my fave system lord way back in like S2 or S3 - Heru-ur - Him I liked -- dunno why - just did ---

so - I guess on this poll, as of right now, I'd vote none - b/c I only know of Osiris and s/he didn't appeal to me....

Originally posted by Jobeth
I liked Yu. He's menacing, interesting and complex. So I'm surprised TPTB haven't offed him yet.
Sorry folks - dumb Reetou here - what does "TPTB" mean?

LOL.......it stands for 'the powers that be' in other words the Stargate producers, MGM executives etc etc that decide in their wisdom what the Stargate world must consist of!

I liked Heru Ur too, along with Cronus and I also like Hathor, these guys all had style. Now Yu is the only one left who has that. I think that the character of Baal has great possibilities, but that only means that they'll slaughter him somehow, so I am trying not to like the character too much. In fact, I was very surprised that they didn't slaughter Yu. I like his character, but not as much as the others. Even poor old 'Pops' had some style, even if it was very 'camp'!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, I don't find the fact that they've shrouded Anubis in mystery enthralling at all. I keep seeing Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars or ET. He's going to be from another species entirely I imagine. One of the Stargate people, can't remember who, has already said that they are going to have lots of fun with his character. That alone makes me shudder a little. Their idea of fun and mine differs rather radically. Just as their idea of what the series should be also differs greatly from mine. In any case, the moment they say stuff like that, I think 'oh bloody nora', the character is going to be a real turn off for me.

Anyway, we shall see. I still think the 'Old Guard' Goa'uld had a lot more style than anything the show had produced since.

:(

Originally posted by Anni
Anyway, we shall see. I still think the 'Old Guard' Goa'uld had a lot more style than anything the show had produced since.
What do you mean with the "old Guard"?

Looking at the poll options, I kind of liked the Goa'uld that were presented at the Summit (those with hosts ;)) they seemed somehow differnet in some way .. Probably just that they're new faces. :rolleyes:

To tell you the truth, I don't find the fact that they've shrouded Anubis in mystery enthralling at all. I keep seeing Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars or ET. He's going to be from another species entirely I imagine. One of the Stargate people, can't remember who, has already said that they are going to have lots of fun with his character.
Well, we know the little blighters will jump hosts if the previous is damaged/killed. So, since he has been out of the frame for a LONG time, as I understand, could he be blended with an Ancient.... obvious storyline alert, really....

[of course, I am almost an entire series behind, so it may have been explored by now in series 6 :blush: ]

I personally think Her-ur was the classiest of all the system lords. He also was the meanest, the actor suited the role and there was a lot more potential for the character. It was a little disappointing the way in which he was removed from the story arcs.

LOL.......well I just visited his temple at Edfu in Egypt! Dedicated to Haroeris or Horus the Younger, son of Isis and Osiris. Very impressive. As are all of the ancient Egyptian monuments!

In Queen Hatshepsut's mortuary temple there is an inlay which depicts him being suckled by Hathor in the form of a cow! Apparently she and Isis shared the task of feeding him!

I liked Heru Ur and I liked Cronus, I thought they were both classy, but hey......who knows what thoughts rattle through the heads of the writers of Stargate? They're not so much concerned with the continuity of mythology as whether they keep the attention of a generally fickle viewing public, and as far as they are concerned the System Lords are not as important as SG1 are.

;)

At the end of the day the System Lords are a ruling class of a single species, even if they are widespread.

There are (presumably) dozens if not hundreds of other races of which we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

LOL.......well I just visited his temple at Edfu in Egypt! Dedicated to Haroeris or Horus the Younger, son of Isis and Osiris. Very impressive. As are all of the ancient Egyptian monuments!
Wow, I'm very jealous!! :evil: Do you have any photo's online? I hope to go to Egypt someday, but dn't know when. :(

In Queen Hatshepsut's mortuary temple there is an inlay which depicts him being suckled by Hathor in the form of a cow! Apparently she and Isis shared the task of feeding him!
I think there was a variation of myths as to who was actually Horus' mother, so I guess there they just mixed the two myths together! :cool:

tec'ma'te,

'others, plz specify' was my choice (interesting, isn't it ? :D :D

i think it's not difficult to come to one of my 2 choices which i want to see more often ;) my master and great god +++ A P O P H I S +++

if choosing his god is not allowed i would vote for heru'ur ...

lek'tol !

I in a flash of strange but thoughtfull idea, came up with a new System Lord.

Re son of Ra

Probably a stupid idea, but I liked it.

Originally posted by hopskip
I in a flash of strange but thoughtfull idea, came up with a new System Lord.

Re son of Ra

Probably a stupid idea, but I liked it.

Hey its not that stupid, just one thing, Re is just another nome for Ra, so they are the same guy. And Ra has a son, Heru-ur.

Later (star)gaters!

*shaunte*

id have to say as a couple others have in this thread, that i liked Her'ur, he was cool, and he had the best jaffa, the horus guards. Why did they have to kill him:( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.