S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Searching for dilithium in the Delta Flyer with Neelix and Seven of Nine, Harry Kim intercedes in a conflict between two Delta Quadrant Races. While he manages to save a Kraylor ship from destruction, its command crew has been killed and they`re in need of a Captain. Having been an Ensign his entire Starfleet career, Kim is tempted by the offer and assumes command of the vessel, but soon finds himself bearing the weight of leadership in a complicated and dangerous conflict.

While Voyager`s power core is down undergoing extensive maintenance, a Kraylor ship ostensibly on a humanitarian mission, is brutally attacked by the warring Annari. Harry Kim is granted permission to take the helm of the crippled vessel and, with the assistance of Seven of Nine, help her on her voyage home. Kim`s new position, however, goes to his head, and he finds himself learning a lesson in leadership while under the Annari guns.

The episode also sees the return of the Borg children.

Although the telemovie "Flesh and Blood" was filmed before this episode, it won`t be airing until after "Nightingale".
US airdate November 22nd 2000

Things are not looking good for Voyager...:(

It gains a mere 2.8/5 Nielsen rating
Author: AntonyF

If it wasn`t bad enough that season seven ratings have been tumbling, and have been comparing badly to last seaon, the show has now hit an all-time low with "Nightingale" gaining just a 2.8/5 rating. It is a far cry from Voyager`s beginnings, where its lowest season one rating was 5.8/10. "Nightingale" takes the low-ratings trophy from season five`s "The Fight" which came in at just 2.9/5.

It should be noted that technically "Juggernaut" is the lowest rated episode with a 1.7/3 rating. However that episode was under special circumstances, and was moved with little warning. So it can`t be counted amongst other episodes.

How this poor rating will affect "Flesh and Blood" has yet to be seen.

It really doesn't surprise me that the ratings are low. I don't know about the rest of the country, but here Voyager plays against West Wing. I watch West Wing and then do Voyager during the reruns. It doesn't make for many rating points this way.

Cheers,

yep

Yeah Ive been hearing about this West Wing seems a lot of people quite like it. But like Andromeda Australia will probably be the last to see it ..:(

Originally posted by stripe
Things are not looking good for Voyager...:(

It gains a mere 2.8/5 Nielsen rating
Author: AntonyF

If it wasn`t bad enough that season seven ratings have been tumbling, and have been comparing badly to last seaon, the show has now hit an all-time low with "Nightingale" gaining just a 2.8/5 rating. It is a far cry from Voyager`s beginnings, where its lowest season one rating was 5.8/10. "Nightingale" takes the low-ratings trophy from season five`s "The Fight" which came in at just 2.9/5.

It should be noted that technically "Juggernaut" is the lowest rated episode with a 1.7/3 rating. However that episode was under special circumstances, and was moved with little warning. So it can`t be counted amongst other episodes.

How this poor rating will affect "Flesh and Blood" has yet to be seen.

I agree. For me Voyager has been declining since mid-season 6. The stories have good premise but I think the writers and the actors are just not putting in the effort anymore because they all sense that there are very few breaths left in Voyager.
The writers blatant, and admitted, disregard for any sort of continuity has also ruined the series (for example, in Collective, they rescued a Borg baby, which hasn`t been seen since. And there is the seemingly infinite number of crewmembers, shuttles, and torpedoes and the fact that no matter how bad the damage is it will always be repaired by the next episode and Voyager will look like it has just left Spacedock for the first time!)
This ship is supposed to be stranded years from home for crying out loud!

Originally posted by Thor_of_Othalla
...and the fact that no matter how bad the damage is it will always be repaired by the next episode and Voyager will look like it has just left Spacedock for the first time!)
This ship is supposed to be stranded years from home for crying out loud! [/B]

Hmm, i'd noticed that as well.... they could at least have some bits that are knackered beyond repair or alternatively show the repairs one time....The only time it looked like it was sustaining damage was in "Year Of Hell". It's the old Star Trek adage of the perfect humans in space who can do anything :rolleyes:

Should Voyager be a heap of s**** by now?

Like most ships Voyager has the capability to repair itself, and it was just launched, so for a while I put it's brand-spanking new "look" down to that. However, I have to agree that recently it has taken so much damage, that it should have been reflected somewhere in the script. Much more time should be spent making repairs than visiting unusual spatial anomalies, for instance.

If you add to that, the fact that some things just can not be fixed without a spacedock - routine maintenance and computer upgrades on the Enterprise in 11001001, and barion particle sweep clean in Starship Mine - then by now there would have been some serious problems. If they stopped somewhere and bought the technology we didn't here about it. As an aside here, when Janeway swaps something for some Federation Technology or a replicated "thing", how come that is not contrary to the Prime Directive?

The writers on Voyager have been much more sloppy with changed premises and backstory than they used to be. In the first season there were serious problems with the bio-gel computer packs, they were even infected with a cheese bacteria, but since then there hasn't been a single problem - I wish I had computers like that. And then there are all the Torpedos they've used and shuttles they've destroyed. They set themselves up for a fall when they had Chakotay announce exactly how many were left.

Maybe these are things that determine whether people watch or not. I would watch anyway, but I prefered DS9 and I thought the closing arc of stories was excellent. That is what they should have done on Voyager as well. Set up a lot of unresolved storylines and build up to a climax and resolution of everything as they finally reach home.

My subject title was "Should Voyager be a heap of s**** by now" but it keeps being edited to "Should Voyager be a heap of S**** by now". This does not have the same meaning. Is it a man or a machine doing the editing? A machine that swears is a bit scary.

I have just watched Nightingale.. and i liked it.. thought it was good

Well we didn't get CD-Roms posted over to us!

I haven't seen it yet, but I have just seen 'Body and Soul' which I thought was a little weak. I can see where people are coming from.

Still, looks like it picks up towards the end of the season anyway, and there is no other new Star Trek on, no new Stargate, guess we don't have much choice!

we get "Nightingale" in the UK next Monday, so we can see if it really is as bad as these ratings make it seem...

Well i am sorry if i have offended anyone ... but i cant wait for sky to show them so i bought the cd roms... and have watched up to episode 17... and i think they are great...

I will still watch them on sky as they come on

Wha you think of Nightingale... episode.... which aired on Sky one on Monday

I enjoyed this episode.

It gave Ensign Kim to show Janeway what he is capable of. I was half hoping she would promote him at the end of the eppy. Seven was pretty good too. She showed him how 'bossy' Kim was being.

annette.:D

I agree.. seven actually took over what janeway would have done... It actually made Harry think about it all.. because if he was backon earth he would have been given the opportunity along time ago.. and by now would have come further than he has being on voyager...
So in effect Janeway has killed his career... Until they get back to earth

Re: Nightingale.

Yes, great to see Harry stand up for himself!

I think that he would be better at being Captain than that. Seven says that real life is not like a 'Captain Proton' holo-programme. Is she saying that they have no Leadership Skills Training Programmes on the Holodeck? If Icheb can study for his Starfleet Enterance exam on Voyager, I would have thought that Harry could have run a few simulations such as the 'Kobyashi Maru'.

It was good to see some major repair work done on Voyager, and they felt very vulnerable.

Also good to see how the 'Prime Directive' in the 'real world' would be difficult to implement.

Well I have seen this now and I don't know what the fuss was about. I thought it was one of the better episodes. I have already made some specific comments but there have certainly been much worse than this. And they actually did major repair work on Voyager!:star:

I just felt sooo sorry for harry... first chance of command.. and he just could not cope... Had to have seven there with him.... and Janeway knew that, thats why she sent seven along..

Yes i cant understand where the thing came about this was a poor episode...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pyan Obituaries 4