1.22: To Shanshu in L.A.

Annette

This is Star - my honey!!
To Shanshu in L.A. - Episode 22

Creating new thread. Only episode discussion please. :D

annette :)

Angel faces a wild demon who is summoned by Wolfram & Hart to wreak havoc and raise a powerful force to strike down Angel and destroy those close to him.

This is a great one.
I love the way Angel is trying to look after Cordy and Wes at the same time!

:D

This episode is the first time in the series that you realise just how close this group of people have got. Cordelia's evolution is obvious for the first time - look at her character here and compare it to her appearances in BTVS, or even the first few eps of Angel.

Overall, great episode. Five stars!

Yep, I agree. Lindsey got what was coming to him, and Cordy was at her most sympathetic--though unfortunately it took extreme pain to convince her to change her outlook on life. Great acting by Charisma. I wasn't surprised by Darla's appearance, both because of the flashbacks in earlier episodes and having known that she appears in later seasons (and becomes a major supporting character). I just kinda wish that Joss and company didn't rely so much on re-employing pre-existing Buffy characters as major antagonists and protagonists. I'll have to see how her resurrection plays out in Season Two, and I'm sure I'll like it, but I like it better when new characters show up and mix things up (especially Glory and Dawn in Season Five of Buffy :)).

Back