Who Would You Marry??

Hypes said:
I wonder how Tolkien would portray a bimbo considering he rarely aknowledges a woman's existence below her throat.
Well really the fact they had very little influece I mean in the books arwen didn't even save frodo from the ringwraiths she didn't really *do* much but looked pretty.
Thank goodness for Galadriels royal aura and eowyns sword wielding otherwise I would have really sulked :p
Though I did find Gimlis little crush on galadriel cute...that would have been a great marriage :D

That would have been quite sweet.

Now, Sean Bean is a nice un-ethereal Boromir.

Eowyn makes up for the poor female cast. I will call it a 'cast' on this particular thread. She ranks as one of the best characters and Jackson gives her plenty of screen time.

Jackson is a god.

Though Legolas is very attractive in the movies, I can't help but wonder what a young Gandalf would be like. hmm... (the sound of wondering) Yep, he's the one.

Okay, now let's all go back to the thread "Which LOTR character are you?" or something like that... and see if we match with who we want to marry. :)

Eowyn, she's strong, beautiful and she could protect me when when we go out on the town. :D

Arwen has too much baggage and wooo, what a drama queen! ;)

Legolas, though beautiful and desirable, is certainly a poof. There is nothing wrong with that, and I love him very much for his effete, arrow slinging ways, but marriage? Bah. He'd take up too much time in the bathroom, worry about the size of his bum in his tights, and go on and on about "Aragorn this" and "Aragorn that." Forget it. Hotness does not a marriage make.

Eomer is gorgeous, but such a manly creature that I'd be terrified I'd wind up with a life of crockery washing and baby rearing, not to mention to neverending scent of horse.

The twin sons of Elrond, Elladan and Elrohir, are quite tempting, but that's only if group marriage is the norm, because I'm selfish. Again, possible elf-human bathroom conflict, as one of the suspected sons, seen in the background of the first film at the meeting, is very pretty. Scratch that.

I'll have to be the pervy midget fancier then, and say Pippen. (Merry can stay over whenever he likes.) I've dated short men in the past, and they are excellent for resting one's chin upon, as well as amusing companions when they hide behind me and demand protection. In the long run, it doesn't really matter who's taller when you're horizontal, does it?

Lucifer.

P. S. Get rid of the "marry" part though, and you'll have yourself the Strumpet of Middle Earth. (Can I get that on a T-shirt?)

I would like to mary (If I wasn't already maried to the sweetest person in the world)I would chose Tyr in Andromada. mmmm to be held in those hurculan arms:)

dwndrgn said:
Thank you for the laugh Lucifer! I like your avatar too, it's from Legend, right?
Yes, he is. He's my favorite Satan, though not my favorite Lucifer (that's Kira from Angel Sanctuary.)

What I want to know is when did all my movies become nostalgia to be exploited by Hot Topic? However, it is pretty great to own t-shirts with quotes from Labyrinth and the like on them.

Fianlly, you have to laugh at threads like this! People who are obsessed with people who don't exist . . . oh wait, that's writers, isn't it?

Lucifer.

I would probably marry Grima Wormtongue... yeah I'm weird, but if not him, then either Boromir or Faramir... I like them both!

Speaking as one who's been there and done it (and had my heart ripped out of my chest and stamped upon with 6-inch stillettos....curse all women...sorry, was that too much information?), I wouldn't marry any of them. But if you're talking who do I find attractive, as has been said previously, there's not exactly a wide selection for us men to choose from.

Eowyn - too masculine
Goldberry - too green, nobody should ever wear green
Galdriel - too ethereal and sorceress-y. And she refused the ring. I instinctively mistrust a woman who doesn't want to bend the entire world to her will. Never met one in real life.
Rosie - nothing against shorter women, but the furry feet would be a bit of a turn-off
Arwen - beautiful, but I could hardly expect to compete with Aragorn

So, that probably leaves Elbereth, Queen of the Stars. Yeah, I'll settle for her. I wonder if she's seeing anyone at the moment?

I didn't particularly find anyone that attractive in the film, there were all bit too perfect for me. I'd find it a bit hard living up to all those expectations, so I guess I'd have to settle for an orc.