Silliest non-Tolkein Error

DCBastien

Sound and fury
Well, I went with my family, one of whom is an AVID Tolkein fan, and two who don't know their elves from their elbows. Net result? Four happy people.... me ma even said she wanted to see it, long as it is, again!

But on the way back to my car, my sister was talking about bits she liked and didn't like. I paraphrase:

"Oh that horrid one what was followin' 'em, he was all slimy! I din't like im."

"No?"

"No, 'ee was 'orrid, that Colin."

Took us awhile to figure she meant GOLLEM!

Colin/Gollem.... Easily confused? I wondered how she could say Colin after names like Frodo, Aragon, Gandalf....... Colin.... Oh of course:D

Arrrhhh bless her cotton ickle socks..... LOL

Nice story

oh theres a Kolin at our skule, he IS a slimeball!

aww....colin..gollum...I though they did Gollums eyes really well, the green bits anyway...

ic... its like that .. hey ??????

I dont know if this is an error but i used to say Sauron (sour-on) as Saw-ron....did anyone else?
:flash:

I could never pronounce 'Meriadoc' properly...:p

How do you ppl pronounce Smeagol?

Originally posted by Legolas
I dont know if this is an error but i used to say Sauron (sour-on) as Saw-ron....did anyone else?

I still pronounce it like that. You know, just because the powers that be pronounced the names the way they did in the movie doesn't mean that's how they are to be pronounced! Oh & I pronounce it "Smeegoll"

Well, as Garfield says "Aries might not always beright but they are never wrong" so I'm right, film makers wrong :D

right! the people who have read the book hundreds of times to get the film EXACTLY right can't pronounce the names :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by skoon

I still pronounce it like that. You know, just because the powers that be pronounced the names the way they did in the movie doesn't mean that's how they are to be pronounced! Oh & I pronounce it "Smeegoll"

for some reason I pronounced him smee-AY-gull, but that was too hard to speak in my head so now its Smee-gol:D

ps Only Tolkien knows exactly how thay ahould be pronounced

Really! How does he pronounce some of the names?

Back