Chief Engineer Charlie 'Trip' Tucker, III

Re: Trineer on the accent and the humour...

Originally posted by Dave
[B"The accent i picked up from my family; my grandparents on my mother's side are all from Southern Missouri and Northern Arkansas. We messed around with how deep we wanted the accent and decided we wanted it to be fairly light in terms of its drawl. So that's where I sort of picked the region that I could get an accent from, what I thought would be workable for everybody... but it's not mine!" [/B]

LOL! No wonder he sounds familiar. I'm from Southeast Missouri.

:D :rolly2: :cool:

Kat

In 'Star Trek Monthly' #98 there is more on the Trip nickname.

According to a letter from Vanessa Carter, Sydney, Australia, "the name 'Trip' is actually abreviated from the word 'triptych', meaning a set of three hinged panels or compartments side by side, bearing pictures, carvings or the like."

OK so I have one word to describe Trip, yes I know it's shallow but...."Yum-me!!!" I like Trip's character, espectially in S2. He's got personality, & the fact that I'm rather sarcastic myself helps in me likeing him.

I am a huge fan of the character of Trip. I think that in the earlier seasons Connor was not getting the storylines he could really work to but in season 3 the Trip episodes have been amazing. Connor brings out such emotion as much as you were hanging on his every word. Fantastic:D

I agree with Skoon on the slightly shallow side he is yummy:kisses: