Who is your fav character so far

Ok so I have only seen about three episodes so far - but far and away the character I like the best is Trip. Shuttlepod One was the first ep I saw, and I thought it was very good - Malcolm is kinda annoying, but definitely a grower.

so...TRIP!

Is anyone else finding Bakula a bit bland?

Originally posted by Tabitha

He act like any other commanding officer who's the first person to do something. He's trying not to get his crew killed, and that takes some effort.

I take your point, but I really intended the comment to describe the entertainment value of his character.
As I mentioned above, I have only seen a few episodes, but so far I am finding the other characters more interesting than their captain - not something that has happened in previous trek series.
Mind you, I am sure that things will develop over time...

Well, he does seem to have a very laid back approach, but he's getting more interesting with each episode. I think the thing that makes him 'bland' is the fact that his motivation is so obvious. We have no clue as to what makes the rest of the crew tick. Compared to them he's an open book.

I like Scott Bakula playing the captain. Has anyone seen Bakula in American Beauty? He did a cameo appearence.
G.

Trip!

I like Trip because he makes me laugh so much! And I like his accent and his facial expressions when he is saying something sarcastic.

I can't decide who I like more. Trip or Archer. It's on an episode by episode basis.

Although the adventures in underwear may have something to do with my preferences sometimes. ;)

I think Trip is a good character. I love his southern trawl.

Just out of interest did or has anyone seen Malcolm in his younger days appearing on Inspector Morse as a newspaper reporter.

annette :)

Originally posted by Gemsong
I can't decide who I like more. Trip or Archer. It's on an episode by episode basis.

Although the adventures in underwear may have something to do with my preferences sometimes. ;)

Gemsong, I agree about the underwear episodes!

Originally posted by Annette
I think Trip is a good character. I love his southern trawl.

Just out of interest did or has anyone seen Malcolm in his younger days appearing on Inspector Morse as a newspaper reporter.

annette :)
That's why he seemed so familiar. I was banging my head trying to figure it out.
Thank you!

Originally posted by Tabitha
Ok so I have only seen about three episodes so far - but far and away the character I like the best is Trip. Shuttlepod One was the first ep I saw, and I thought it was very good - Malcolm is kinda annoying, but definitely a grower.

so...TRIP!

I liked Bakula best in Quantum Leap. I don't feel he's spicy, but he's not too bland either. There's something more subtle, yet still interesting about his character.
G.

Glad I solved your 'problem' Galadriel. :D

annette :wave:

gratuitous underwear eye candy aside...

Bakula is growing on me as a captain. I wasn't sure at first since the description of the character didn't jive right with what I've seen of his work.

It looks like he's finding the balance he's going to need to be the right kind of captain of this ship.

IMHO :)

Yes. He's a good captain. And I also feel that his helping out the Sulabon (phonetic spelling) both complicates and aides in further things.

Malcolm's my baby no question and its not cos he's english and reminds me of a black and white 1950's world war two film fighter pilot. Or that Dominic comes from Leicester. Which is just a great bonus. It's cos both myself and my bro agree he should have his own series where he goes and is forced to fight in a war and blow lots of stuff up then come back to Star Trek. He's great

It's definately a toss-up between Trip and Malcolm.

Trip is really funny and sweet, but he has too many episodes revolving round him, i've got a bit bored of him now.

I don't know why i like Malcolm. I guess i just like the shy, awkward characters like Malcolm, Giles, Wesley, etc. :rolly2:
I say give Malcolm some more story lines! the only good one he had was 'Shuttlepod One'.

I forgot about Porthos!!!
He is so cute, Porthos should definately get more appearances. :rolly2:
Maybe there could be an episode where something happens to all the people, and Porthos has to save the ship! What do you think?

LOL think some peeps are waiting for that one. :lol:

annette :laugh2: