How is the chappa'ai powered ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geronimo

Apophis' First Prime
tec'ma'te,

shu_hunter and i want to know what do u think how the chappa'ai is powered -- if anyone here know it by 100% plz tell us ...

i think it takes power from the nature and converts it into energy usable for the chappa'ai and shu_hunter thinks it has a "battery" which is loaded every million of years ..

so what do u think ?

lek'tol

I think there's a naquedah reactor in the DHD. it sends power to the stargate during the dialing process. we know it doesn't run off internal power becausethe SGC uses a lot of power to open the wormhole.
How they recharge the DHD, or if they even need to, I don't know.
I guess the closest I could answer to the poll is the "battery" answer.
Never mind that. I have my own idea, so I'm putting "other kind of power supply".

~Shu Hunter
:upto: stargate fan{atic}

AHA! I have evidence to support my theory! this is a quote form STARGUIDE -> season 3 episode 19: NEW GROUND -- ANALYSIS:
<<
An SG team, when needed, can now bring a naquaada reactor (developed in "Learning Curve") to a planet missing a DHD in order to power the Stargate and dial back out manually. This indicates 1) that the SGC has potentially developed additional reactors to the prototype seen in "Learning Curve", and 2) that the DHD does supply its Stargate with power.
>>

AND here's a picture of the DHD repair procedure. I'm guessing the stuff at the bottom is the reactor.

so there! evidence from reliable sources! I rest my case!

~Shu Hunter

tec'ma'te shu_hunter !

i have thought about our discussion and after thinking a little about it it can be the case that we are both right ...

'cos it seems to be U speak about how the chappa'ai is powered from -- i think u mean the drive unit which powers the chappa'ai ..

but i mean how the energy is stored, charged or whatever ... i mean the process of loading the chappa'ai ...

if u don't agree with me plz post it but i think u mean the "drive unit" (-> naquadah reactor) of the chappa'ai which uses the stored energy to establish the wormhole and i mean the process how this stored energy come into the chappa'ai ..

so perhaps we're both right but meaning some different units of the chappa'ai ..

lek'tol !

P.S.: i agree with u that the chappa'ai uses a naquadah reactor to make the chappa'ai usable !!

and you can't argue that the DHD supplies the power.
In the respect of using the stargate, i think you're right about the naquedah in the stargate to create a stable wormhole. but.... in season 5 "Ascension", Orlin created a one-way stargate in Carter's basement without naquedah(supposedly he used a whole lot of pure raw titanium, 200 feet of fiber-optic cable, 7 100000 watt industrial-stength capacitators, and a toaster), so I don't know how that works out.
Maybe the Gate, titanium or naquedah, only needs to be super-conductive with other attributes.
So I guess i'll still have to disagree with you, Geronimo.

~Shu Hunter

tec'ma'te,

but i only want to know HOW does the power that is needed by the chappa'ai come into it !!

i can't imagine that there is anyone who charges / changes the "battery" in every chappa'ai in the chappa'ai - network ...

'cos in "tornment of tantalus" there was an inactive chappa'ai and they only had to connect 2 cables to the chappa'ai and it takes the ELECTRICAL ENERGY from an lightning and changes it into an energy usable for the chappa'ai ..

the chappa'ai in the tau'ri SGC was also "out of order" until they connected cables with electrical energy ..

so it seems to be that the chappa'ai can take different energy forms and any mechanism in the chappa'ai changes the energy into energy usable for the chappa'ai !

i only want to know how the energy comes into the chappa'ai and not how the chappa'ai is driven on ... i think u know a lot about the chappa'ai and it's function !!

btw.: u gave a link where i could see the "repair procedure" of the DHD but unfortunately the quality of the graphic is quite bad ... if it is ur site can u email me this graphic in better quality plz ??

lek'tol !

no, sorry, the DHD repair procedure isn't one of mine, i got it from the official Showtime site. I'd like one in better resolution too, because then I could read and be sure what that thing at the bottom of the DHD is.
How the energy comes into the stargate? I haven't seen Torment of Tantalus... I'll have to download it. But from what you said I think I finally get what you're saying. But...
From what I've seen and heard the only other way the stargate's been powered by othere than a DHD is elecrical energy. for example Torment of Tantalus the energy was supplied by a lightning bolt, and in s4 New Ground they were going to use a portable generator. How the energy gets from the DHD to the stargate, I'm not sure.
Why would the stargate have a battery? It has a power source(the DHD), why would it need an internal one? I don't know why you thought I thought that.
I don't know how the DHD transmits power to the stargate, which is the closest thing I can think of to answer your question. Maybe the staragte draws the energy from the DHD as needed, like engaging a chevron or opening a wormhole: it takes power from an abundant supply like a ligtning bolt, a generator, or a DHD.
I don't know why you thought I thought it had a battery. the stargate already has a power source(the DHD); why would it need an internal one?

~Shu Hunter

tec'ma'te shu_hunter !

now it is clear to me -- i thought the whole time that u thought that the chappa'ai has a battery ... but i know now that it was a big misunderstanding from my side - sorry ;)

greetings from Chulak & lek'tol !

Status
Not open for further replies.