Musical goes into overtime

obcooke

OB-Wan
Someone who says they are Joss Whedon posted info on "The Bronze". It does appear to come from one of the computers used by the show, but it cannot be confirmed if it really was Joss.

------------------------------------------------

In a rare US TV moment Buffy will go over her usual time limit. The musical episode (#107 Once More, With Feeling) will contain eight more minutes of Buffy than normal. There has been no announcement if this means less commercials (not likely) or a shuffling of the UPN schedule to make room.

"Joss" said he takes the blame for being unable to cut any more from the show to make it fit.

Don't forget to adjust your VCRs to get it all if you are not going to be home.

Oh, goody, goody, eight more minutes of musical milestones. Oh happy days!

interesting, I wonder how they'll schedule that over here, they have pretty rigid one hour slots for the show usually...

Seriously get those VCRs warmed up! There will be only one opportunity to see the full one hour + eight minutes episode in the US! After that broadcast a cut-down version will be released for reruns and syndication. If you miss this airing you may have to wait until the DVD to see it again.

According to some reports, UPN will rerun the episode later in the week or the weekend, but it will be the shorter version.

I don't know about overseas but if your TV stations are very strict they may only show the smaller version.

Yeah, and Roswell will start at 9:10 and end at 10:05.

Allyson (Willow) was interviewed on a local LA radio station this morning. I only heard a little of it but she did say that she doesn't have a great voice so mostly she just sings along with the others. Tara sings a love song to Willow.

Allyson also said that they can "work magic" in the studio with the audio tapes, and fix it when people go off key.

Joss wrote all the music and all the lyrics, too.

According to a schedule that I saw elsewhere the musical will be repeated on Friday, Nov. 16, BUT IT WILL BE THE SHORTER ONE-HOUR VERSION.

Noooo!!!!

Noo!!

Why couldn't I have found this info before today!!

I set my VCR, as always, for 8pm-9pm and missed the last few minutes!!

was there an extra 8 minutes? i wasn't paying attention to the clock...

that was a tight episode. too bad i didn't record it.

It ran about six minutes over and had a few less commercials.

My video from start to ending credits runs 51 minutes, 11 seconds. Most one-hour shows run right at 45 minutes without commercials.

It will be repeated on Friday, Nov. 16. But this will be the one-hour run time version.

According to reports, the shorter version is missing Dawn's dance with the henchmen and Buffy's What does is matter song.

was the what does it matter song the one she sang to everybody at the end? cause that was the best one.

well i guess we'll get the shorter version when it finally airs over here, so i'll be waiting for the DVD for the full version....

[SolidSnake2000: was the what does it matter song the one she sang to everybody at the end?]

No, it's the song that she sings in the Magic Box when they're trying to figure out why they are singing. You know, "What can't we face if we're together..."

It's a shame because it's Giles' first clue that Buffy is just going through the motions, because she doesn't seem to care what the evil is.

Re: Noooo!!!!

[JonahBlack: ...missed the last few minutes!!]

But wait! You are in better shape than those people that were forced by their TV station to see the shorter version. I understand that happened to some Americans that watch Canadian TV.

You already have the parts that won't be shown again, I can't make you any guarantees but my understanding right now is all of the edited portions happen before the final act. You only have to wait until Nov. 16 and then record the ending.