5.18: The Warrior

A quick question - a couple of times Teal'c and K'Tano refer to the planet as "Cal Mah"...

In the context of the first use, he implies this COULD be the words for "sanctuary", and later uses could also be to mean sanctuary.

OR, it could be the name of the planet?

Any guesses?

Helmets

I forgot to say in my last post that there is a brief in-joke. It may be an in-joke, it may not be (it's probably just me being silly!).

Anyway, remember the old Jaffa joke about a Horus Guard, a Setesh Guard and a Serpent guard meeting on a neutral planet? Well, anyway, there's a brief camera-pan across several Jaffa helmets atop poles. Can you guess what helmets they are?
Yes, you guessed it, a Horus Guard, a Serpent Guard and a Setesh Guard!:D

IMHO this episode is the milestone for the writers ceasing to use the real world as a basis for the show while maintaining the pretence that they still do. In the technical demonstration of different weapons the capabilities of Earth weapons were ridiculously exaggerated. Any USAF advisor should have been able to correct this, but the writers appear to have ignored reality even on an occasion when they're explicitly claiming to follow it.
A P90 is not sufficiently accurate for Carter to have hit the rope on the shooting range. An Olympic shooting champion couldn't hit a target the size shown at 60 metres with the weapon used.
Carter describes 5.7mm ammunition as being Teflon coated assumingly because this is associated with armour piercing capabilities. Real P90 ammo isn't Teflon coated and it's a Hollywood falsehood that ptfe coating increases a bullet's ability to penetrate armour. Instead of using reality as a point of reference the production crew appear to have switched to copying other entertainment.

Originally posted by Sindri
A P90 is not sufficiently accurate for Carter to have hit the rope on the shooting range. An Olympic shooting champion couldn't hit a target the size shown at 60 metres with the weapon used.
Carter describes 5.7mm ammunition as being Teflon coated assumingly because this is associated with armour piercing capabilities.
Certainly, free standing they'd have real problems - I'd be surprised if they have problems prone? As for the ammo, no public ammunition for the P90 is Teflon coated, but this IS sci-fi after all... after all, how many special ops units in the USAF use the P90 at all in the first place? Or SPAS-12, USAS-12 etc....