5.18: The Warrior

oh if we're talking about sick here...... you ought to see what runs through my mind!!!

Junior huh? Hmmmmmm.. LOL LOL

:evil: :evil: :evil:

anni and JSC, yep you rmind is likely going where mine has...and i'm not quite sure i want to follow it. there are some barriers that just shouldn't be crossed

Thank you skydiver........(of course, I wonder if jr ever gets lonely) :eek:

(Flashing Lights, Klaxons going off) WARNING WARNING YOU HAVE JUST CROSSED ONE BARRIER!!!!:evil:

LOL.........

Junior get lonely? Wouldn't you be lonely if you were stuck in the belly of someone who hated your little butt?

Damn right he gets lonely.....poor little beggar!!!

C'mere Junior...... Auntie Anni will make you feel better........

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :D

Originally posted by jsc
(Flashing Lights, Klaxons going off) WARNING WARNING YOU HAVE JUST CROSSED ONE BARRIER!!!!:evil:

OOOOPPPPSSSS, There goes another one! (Singing... very off key and hoping to have only read this in her imagination! ... YOU GO! ANNI!)

anni if you write that little plot bunny you will have my admiration cause i jsut can't...it's like the rumored sam/thor fic i've heard abotu...somewhere i jsut don't wanna go

but inquiring minds do wonder....

So do salacious ones!

Write it, write it!!

What fic about Sam and Thor? Our to Vestal Virgins.... so to speak..

wow what a wierd thread...i need to get in the stargate forum more often... ;)

You;ve got a few weeks til we want to talk about the eppy, so lets see where this develops... :D

Okay...... well this was a another pretty good, sound episode. Lots of Teal'c, a few insights into the actual Jaffa..... and Yu actually survived Osiris attacking him with a knife. He seems to be the Goa'uld voice of reason.

Briefly we are shown a Jaffa Tek'mate rallying renegade Jaffa on a world which he declares a free world for Jaffa. Teal'c and Brat'ac are present. They go back to earth and ask General Hammond if an alliance can't be struck between earth and these Jaffa. So SG1 are sent, of course. Jack is his usually sceptical self, Sam and Daniel are open minded, but Teal'c is completely impressed with this Jaffa leader who seems to be able to 'walk on water' almost. He says that a mothership filled with Jaffa warriors eager to join the Jaffa rebellion, but Jack is suspicious and even more so when Teal'c agrees to go on a mission to kill Lord Yu, who the Jaffa leader says is weak from the attack at the summit and his gate will be unguarded.

In fact Lord Yu is anything but weak. He has Teal'c brought to him and offers him his life and will even return him to the rebel army, but that he wishes him to know something. Teal'c returns through the gate where Jack and the others are waiting to dial out and runs straight past them shouting that they have been deceived by this Jaffa leader. He issues a challenge and they fight to the death. When the Jaffa dies, they realise that he was, in fact a Goa'uld. Then Yu attacks and Jack and co encourage the remaining Jaffa to go through the gate to safety.

Sounds very banal, but in my opinion it was a good solid episode. Well done, well acted and relatively well put together. No glaringly obvious plotholes. Well worth a watch!

;) :cool: ;)

Originally posted by Anni
but in my opinion it was a good solid episode. Well done, well acted and relatively well put together. No glaringly obvious plotholes. Well worth a watch!

Yeah I agree...they were together as a team and not on Earth which in my book is a good start for any SG1 episode!! ;)

As Anni has said well worth a watch! :cool:

I liked this one too, we got a bit of insight into the Jaffa thing. The only thing was I just kind of had the feeling pretty early on that all was not as it should be with this other Jaffa leader (damn it was only last night I already I can't remember his name !) BUT, although I was wondering what the set up could be I had no idea it would that he was a Goau'ld - that was the shocker for me.

Anyway, Imhotep is no more, he has ceased to be, he is a ex-Goau'ld :rolly2:

Did anyone else notice the credits at the begining, Story by Christopher Judge and Teleplay by Peter DeLuise. Good to see they take the actors idea seriously (providing they are good ones of course)

Jack was concerned that rather than being free from the Goa'uld, by following G'Tanno so blindly, they were replacing allegiance to a system Lord, with allegiance to a Jaffa. I thought that that was an interesting concept that was lost when he turned out to be a Goa'uld anyway.

The Jaffa didn't think much of he Tauri offer of rifles, prefering 'real' weapons instead -- Staff weapons and Zetnickles. They then had a fight to the death using 'giant wooden spoons' -- strange these real weapons they use

this one rankled me a bit...i just have a hard time seeing teal'c follow g'tanno so blindly. charisma or not...he jsut falls for his line?

i've always seen teal'c as rather wise or at least world-wise...and he just eats up g'tanno's spiel and the whole 'jaffa savior' bit. i was like jack...something's wrong. fifteen minutes in and i knew that something was up.

IMHO...it would have been more powerful for g'tanno not to be a goauld...simply wrong.

i did love teh look into the jaffa...and the weapons bit was...cute.

sam the marksman...part of me wished it'd have been someone else but...well to make a point it had to be the woman who used them. one way to show the male-dominated jaffa that earth weapons could be used by anyone.

and i have a big question about yu...why did he let teal'c go? what are his motives? in reality i'd think he'd be ticked off as all get out that the tau'ri got him stabbed and ruined his standing in the system lords....like is YU a tok'ra in disguese or what?
he's seeming to be more than your run of the miss greasy @$$ed goauld. i can see him either as a potential ally...or one hell of an antagonist

I agree that they shouldn't have made him goa'uld. I think they should have made him a compromised Jaffa..... it would have made more sense. I was also a little stunned at the speed at which Teal'c rejected SG1 and wanted to stick his nose up this new Jaffa leaders bum as far as it would go. I think the writers were trying to aim for the 'charisma' angle. But personally....when he suddenly marched out in the middle of a firefight and spoke to the enemy Jaffa... and they just folded like a pack of card I knew then that he was a Goa'uld. Those Jaffa deliberately aimed around him like it was pre-arranged.

I also wondered about Yu. He was the one dissenter to Anubis joining the System Lords.... but then he is probably the only one of the Goa'uld Old Guard left.

I got the feeling that he didn't agree with many of the things being done. I agree that he's either a bad enemy or potential ally. But I also think that if he became an ally, there would be quite a high price for his allegiance. But him letting Teal'c go was one of the things which puzzled me and they kinda hazed over the events between Teal'c and the Jaffa leaving for Yu's world and Teal'c being dragged before Yu and getting released.

I wonder if the writers are trying to jam so much into an episode that some things are being lost in the mix.

i know i might have missed some nuances...2 inch screens miss a lot.

this was definitely an interesting eps...it just raises a lot of questions.

Yo people what has happened to the continuity in season 5 in sky 1?!?

spoiler:

First Lt. Elliot was left 4 dead, nxt minute Teal'c was fightin' 4 'Jaffa Kind' and he beat up the goa'uld and then Danny was tellin' Jack he was a 'Stupid son-of-a-B***h' 4 killing that replicator-building robot!!!!! Can't they finish off a story before going onto the nxt one or r sky showing them in the wrong order or sumthing?!?

The thread was created to discuss the episode. We're all aware that the US and other places haven't seen it yet. However, in the earlier showings of Season 5 when the UK and other places had not seen any of the episodes, this did not stop people who had from discussing them in detail.... or from discussing episodes from other seasons in detail.

There isn't one rule for one side of the pond and another for the other side.

There is no point in making a particular thread for an episode, if all we do is pussyfoot around until every single person on this forum has seen every single episode. I see no point in this, you are all adults.....or at least I hope you are..... and if you come to this thread then you are going to read things which apertain to that episode. If you don't want to know then don't read further.

If being pedantic is the wish, then everyone please post the word SPOILERS in the subject line before they post, then whoever comes to the thread should know.

The Warrior

I thought this was an OK episode, but it seemed way too obvious that he was up to no good and had ulterior motives. OK, so I didn't realise that he was really Imhotep, but apart from Teal'c, no-one else had much to do.

J:( :(