5.13: Proving Ground

I find it hard to believe that the same government that killed a reporter for coming close to the truth would let a bunch of kids run around the SGC.

It's obviously an attempt to attract a teen audience by introducing young characters. Why do they even have an Air Force Consultant on staff at all?

hehehe, i liked this ep!!!
there was that kool convo between sam and jack about wat jack thaught of all the new recruits...lol...i loved it when sam goes
sam "wat about haley?"
jack "Shes a 4 foot 9 fighting machine!"
*sam laughs*
sam "colonel!"
hehehe!!

i liked teh casual conversation between the two of them. and it makes sense to me to have them both working the new kids....being the only two air force officers both of them would know attitudes and reactions that the kids would need.

i also noticed though, that when jack got too obstinate sam just got up and walked off.

ummm, if u guys r talking about wot is realistic, etc........

remember, in real life, we wouldn't have col.'s (like O'neil), their top stargate expert (Sam and Daniel) and (bad way to put it really ...but) and an alien (Teal'c) on their "flagship" first contact team - there's no way realistically, the USAF would risk their top ppl going into the unknown .................. just as they wouldn't put raw officers into the SGC and just as they wouldn't close down the SGC for a training run ....................

just my 2c worth .......... :D

oh yeah. in the 'real' world a colonel wouldn't be doing what jack does, a woman definitely would not be on afirst contact team, neither would a civilian...too risky.
and teal'c would be in a test tube right about now.

but, it's tv so we can ignore reality <G>

I loved it!

I admit though, that the fact that we are made to think that Jack is hurt for some time has the dentency to make it higher maked by myself!!!!I can't help it! I just like it when he'S in pain ( or pretending to be...) And that'S not because I hate him..................................................... :rolly2:

otherwise, the story wasn't that bad. sure it wasn't the best plot ever but I won't it original... And too bad cadet Haley isn't really death! Man that was SO close!

I enjoy this episode a lot, it was fun to watch. Also love the character of Elliot and Jack's responses or attitude to him. I always suspect when I see it that the part of the "supposedly real situation" was only a different kind of test for them. I think I doesn't buy it. Also enjoy when Carter try to make Jack see Elliot in a different way and after all his answers she just leave. :lol: Anyway it was a very good one. Love it!

Krystal :p

I liked this episode...

Then again, I've been jonesin' for some new stories.

I enjoyed seeing the team interact with others based on their experiences. I thought the Colonel showed a lot of honesty, especially regarding his "Leave No Man Behind" creed. I thought O'Neill's call to Daniel during the test was funny, as well as Daniel and Teal'c in Hammond office.

And finally, an honest-to-goodness earthling who thinks Danny's cute!

I'm wondering if any of the new Gate-lings are going to be in the spin-off series. If so, please give Haley another attitude. At least get rid of the teacher's pet image.

lol i LOVE the ep, its funny.......lol ok im beggining to hate haley, lol, but elliot and grogan rock!!!!!!!!!:rolly2:

lol, oh and i love the thing between centerfield (spelling???) and danny, i thought that was funny, lmao

Haley

I have to admit, that's one cadet I wish had been assigned to me when I was on active duty.

It's amazing the things you can get away with as a Senior NCO. ;)

Rowan