5.13: Proving Ground

ah yes the much anticipated return of cadey haley....do i sound sincere ;)

actually if i recall correctly this eps should feature the return of that adorable cadet, along with some of the kids from rules of engagement and the ihntars are going to come into play.

but i think the most promising part is, if i've got my spoilers right, isn't one of the cadets supposed to get lantash in thier head?
now that's the part i'm waiting for....ooh and if haley dies a horrible death, well ain't that just too bad ;)

of course if the writers want to be really, really perverse, some of these kids could pop up in the alledged spin off

I must admit that I didn't like the character of Haley. Too spoiled and too superior for my liking. But the blending of this Elliot character with Lantash sounds like an intriguing story line. It'll be interesting to see how they do this....and what they do with Elliot afterwards.

:cool:

my mind is bubbling with the implications of a 1000+ year old symbiote that should have a thing for sam (if marty was telling the truth about loving as one) in the body of a barely, what barely out of teenager, aged cadet.
it could be very, very interesting. i jsut hope he doesn't die. that would be jsut toooooo much for poor black widow sam.

i wonder,where the heck has lantash been for the last year and a half? was he in another host then ends up in eliot (if someone has said, i haven't read, i'm avoiding explicit spoilers). and if lanny is alive all this tiem, noone tells sam? like how totally rude!

i for one think the b storyline is going to be far more interesting than the a one

Episode

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who is not a fan of the Cadet. She's the kind that would find herself on the front stoop of the Air Force Academy with a ticket home. That sort of behaviour, I don't care *how* right you may be is not accepted in an education situation that is not only meant to challenge you academically but teach the the value of team work.

I put her in the same catagory I do Wesley Crusher.:mad:

ooh same here rowan....here's hoping they find a nice alien species to take her away....permnantly

I agree with you both, Skydiver and Rowan! I couldn't stand that little snot and just ached to get her to South Central.....

I am excited about the Lantesh return though.... even if JR wasn't able to do the character because of other committments.... (darn!)

JR

JR was upset about it too. But... given the option between shooting two episodes and being the main 'bad guy' in a full full... well, the big screen won.

At the con, when he mentioned his bad character dies in the end, a lot of fans boo'd until he said something like: "Look... this guy is *so* bad I was glad they killed him off myself!"

that leaves me really wanting to see the movie.

that does sound interesting because JR plays an excellent baddie...totally chilling

JR

And he was into the scruffy look: longer shaggy hair, a button shirt with always the two three buttons opne, a comfortable worn pair of bants and a ratty light blue knit cap that he wore most of the time.

A totally different picture that how we'd usualy see Martouf.

He was deliciously scruffy.

And Colin Cunningham dropped by the Con for a couple of hours [with moi haveing the luck of being assigned as his 'guide/security]. Creamy skin with lush dark hair, black shirt with an open collar, *well* fitting black pants and a black duster. Sweet voice, deliciously wicked chuckle, is very much a 'touch' person and quite charming and gallant - not faked at all. I enjoyed the time I had to spend with him and chat.

And I enjoyed the honest, friendly hg and soft kiss on the cheek when he had to leave. When he said "I hope I see you later' I truely believe he meant it.

A very charming man.;)

Proving Ground on Sky One

Just to let anyone who's interested know that the new episode Proving Ground is showing on Sky One tonight in the UK at 8 pm.

;)

you dogs! i still wanna come over to merry olde england so i can see new stargate. likely going to be january for us janks

'Proving Ground'

Skydiver, if you ca handle the download, the URL at the botom of my sig might help. It should be up with the 24 hours or so after showing. :D

You guys will probably like this episode.... It wasn't badly done, based as it was on training scenarios put on by the SGC for SGC potential members, but they pulled the "This is just a test" stunt a little too often for my liking. I think in reality, after the first couple of times, the young recruits would have been a bit blase about anything that happened.

I guess the most amusing notion for me, considering the earth based conspiracy line that seems to be prevalent these days, was the fact that they were testing the youngsters for offworld combat with an alien enemy - the Goa'uld. Who of course are now about as dangerous as my two pussycats!!

They introduced Lt Elliott, who seemed like a nice boy.... and if the the rumours regarding him being Lantesh's host are true it certainly didn't happen during this episode, but they did sort of set the scene for it by giving him the first available SG team position. Which of course lays him open to offworld missions and increaes his chances of ending up as a host of some kind!

They also, of course, reintroduced Cadet Hailey, who was just as annoying as she was before. It was a very pat, feelgood episode, and Daniel playing the 'baddie' in the training scenarios was a relatively amusing idea.

Teal'c as usual got very little to say... so what else is new? The line from the film Evolution with David Duchovny always springs to mind when I see Teal'c.... the part where the black guy says "I've seen this movie.....the black dude always dies first!".

I have no doubt that all of the SG1 lovers out there will like it.... it's only us diehard 'let's have more aliens' type of viewers who might have a few complaints.

;) :rolleyes: :cool:

5.13 Proving Ground

I kinda liked this one.

It was good to see how some of the new SGC staff are trained...not sure that it would have been SG1's job but thats not really the point.
:D

I did guess that it was just a training excerise and the main thing that gave it away for me is that Teal'c NEVER gets taken over by anything...and he was ment to be in this one ;)
Also the fact that Jack was willing for the trainies to take lead...not like Jack at all.
Overall it was a good story and I thought it was a good episode.
Wonder if we will ever see that young guy who was taken on in the SGC again??

:cool:

Originally posted by Anni

They also, of course, reintroduced Cadet Hailey, who was just as annoying as she was before. It was a very pat, feelgood episode, and Daniel playing the 'baddie' in the training scenarios was a relatively amusing idea.

Teal'c as usual got very little to say... so what else is new? The line from the film Evolution with David Duchovny always springs to mind when I see Teal'c.... the part where the black guy says "I've seen this movie.....the black dude always dies first!".

Hehe....

Yeah I have just seen this one....I also never liked Cadet Hailey before so seeing her back was great (not) ;)
Kinda hoped that she was dead in the gateroom at the end...but knew I would never be that lucky!!! :eek:

I do have to say I have noticed that Teal'c has not said more then a few lines on the past few episodes....
:(

Had to know it was all a test as Teal'c was ment to have been taken over by the alien thingy....well that never happens!!! ;)

I thought it was a fairly good episode...but even I must admit we need more of SG1 going out and finding new aliens....this lot that they are doing on Earth could get real boring real soon....:rolleyes:

Though Lt Elliott was ok...didn't know he was ment to have Lantash blend with him...that should be a good story...:cool:

Overall it was ok...but again a Jack and Sam story and not much of Teal'c or even Danny this time...plus Danny as the bad guy.....LOL :D

I also didn't like the fact Teal'c was taken over, it didn't make sense. Also I kept thinking "The Lower Decks -- Star Trek: The Next Generation."

That was ultimately unfounded, because this was much better. I knew it was an exercise at first, Hayley was in it, I guessed it was still an exercise later, Teal'c and other things, but I was taken in at the very end. I like it when you are kept guessing. That's why I like the film "Total Recall" -- I still can't work that one out, and I've seen it about 30 times!!

i quite liked this eppy, even though daniel didn't have much to say
but i have to agree with everyone i just cant stand cadet hailey
having lantash back should be interesting...peachy

Agreed..... more of a Jack and Sam story. Nothing really to excite and before the shippers start drooling big time..... there weren't any obvious lingering moments between the two. Although Jack got shot and she helped him up, again. Only this time, he just got a charge from a training weapon.

I have a horrible feeling though, that the Jack and Sam lovers will be making hay out of this while the sun shines!

God help us.....break out the drool buckets, mops, industrial pumps and submarines. Batten down the hatches.....

Elliot will make a cocky little Tok'ra if it IS true that he will be host to one..... That'll please our good Colonel...

;)

we havent had to baten down the hatches in while anni
the practice should do you and cronus good :D ..peachy