how will he leave???

Status
Not open for further replies.

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
ok, sticking spoiler space here anyway cause this discussion is likely to veer into season 5 territory....but

s
p
a
c
e

surely you all know by now that danny is leaving at the end of season 5...my question is: how will he leave?
we know or sorta know he's not gonna die (they did say he'd be back) so...how's he gonna go?

some theories:

he's balitmore
he runs off iwth shifu to get enlightened
he's simply MIA

what are your ideas?

little spoiler for crystal skull.

Maybe he's going to go live with the asgaurds, ancients, furlyings, or some other advanced race. Maybe he meets a member of one of these races who thinks he has alot of potential. They could give him the opportunity to learn there culture and all the languages they know (like his grandfather nick in "Crystal Skull"). Or maybe he goes there as an ambassador. They could have a huge alliance with some new race and the Aliens only want daniel to be Earths ambassador.

Sarah

Letting a bit of the real world to intrude, if MS is going to be trying to do other things then TPTB can't rely or depend on him being available for a given episode, so this makes me suspect that whatever Daniel goes to do it'll be something not too critical to any story arcs.

Actually, although I voted for "something else" (kind of a cop out, I admit), the Shifu idea holds some merit. After Absolute Power when Daniel talked about 'finding a different path', hmm, maybe that was laying some early groundwork for a departure.

he won't be killed off, im guessing he well either join another off world team, go off to study with the asgard, disappaered etc. but won't get killed...

Good poll skydiver.

I want him to go off with Shifu and Mother Nature.... but I think he just might be an ambassador to someone else... guessing furlings... or ancients (The Asgard like Jack and Sam!):rolly2:
Since he won't be killed off....

Originally posted by skydiver

surely you all know by now that danny is leaving at the end of season 5...

He is????
First I've heard. Well that news has made my Saturday morning:(
I must be living in a black hole or a dark cave or something.:rolleyes:

No Nic.... you're not living in a dark cave, you just probably have more important things going on in your life which don't revolve around Stargate!

Brad Wright made the announcement at Gatecon and shocked the entire convention. Although I have to say that I suspected MS would be the one to leave. I actually did speak to someone who knows him quite well from doing extra work and theatre work, she worked with him in the Stratford festival in Canada. She seemed to think that it may be (a) to do with money, i.e. wanted more or (b) because he has apparently got a bit above himself...... *shrug* Personally I don't know, I imagine she would know that better than I would, she at least knows him. I've never met the guy nor do I want to.

I do feel that he has not either established or maintained any kind of real contact with his fan base, who can be important in the scheme of things. I think actors like Don S Davis and Amanda Tapping and Teryl do a lot better in that respect than either MS or RDA, so does JR Bourne. These people actually believe the fans are important and treat them accordingly, for which they have my respect.

:cool:

ok here is how danny leaves:
taken from scifiguide.net

The episode "Meridian" tells the story of an alien world threatened with destruction when they attempt to build a weapon of mass destruction. An accident threatens thousands of people, and Daniel sacrifices himself to save them -- exposing himself to massive radiation.

Back in the SGC infirmary, Jackson lays dying. He is saved by Oma Desala, a powerful alien being (and guardian of Shifu, the Harcesis child) who Daniel first met in Season Three's "Maternal Instinct." Oma arrives and helps him ascend beyond his mortal body (a process we've also seen with Shifu in Season Four's "Absolute Power," and Orlin in this year's "Ascension").

This, of course, allows Dr. Jackson to return for guest appearances in Season Six -- and for the Stargate SG-1 feature film, likely to start production late next year. Jackson could even return to his human form and abandon the ascension, as Orlin did.

Thank you for that........ Of course, anything posted on that Scifiguide is only a guide and not the final word, although so far they have been fairly accurate in their information. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but it's certainly a lot of fun to speculate!

can i say something, well i must be, don't turn this into MS wanting more money thing, or him not knowing his fan base, just except the fact that he wanted to move on and do other things!!! don't like to hear speculation and that is all that is is speculation on the money issue and don't need that rumour going around, MICHAEL wanted to move on to do theatre(his first love and movies) !!!

and he has been saving up for when the time was right, you know alot of fans of his are going to miss him and i wish him the best it will be hard to watch stargate without him because his is an intergral part of the team, they will be missing that bond that all 4 have and a replacement will not be able to fill the spot because he will be compared to daniel, i mean i will try to watch it but will be hard since i will miss MS :)

but good god don't make this a money issue sick of people who start stating that and the fan base, MS was just at comic con and he is doing BOBW, so he is getting in touch with his fan base !!!

sorry had to voice

sue

As far as I am aware my dear..... there is still free speech and the facility for stating one's opinion. You certainly don't have to agree with it, but people are not going to change just because you say so. As long as no one on this thread actually flames another poster or says anything really out of order or nasty, I will allow any speculation that is posted.

I will also defend the right of ANYONE, including you, to hold and state an opinion, even if that opinion differs greatly from someone else's.

Because that is simply exactly what it is.... speculation and other people's opinions and not necessarily fact. Any time you go on any of the forums or threads you are probably going to hear stuff you don't want to hear. If you think that you are seeing or hearing something that you don't like just remember that we are all different. Not everybody thinks like you..... or me for that matter ..... and I thank god for that diversification. We would be very boring and it would be a tedious world if we all thought the same.

On a personal note, I couldn't care less if MS bursts into flames, he does not loom large in my life and I don't think the series will particularly suffer from him not being in it..... but I hope he does find success in whatever he does, as I would sincerely wish for ANYONE.

And frankly..... I wouldn't particularly think less of him if he wanted more money or followed the money/success trail. Why shouldn't he? Everyone else does....

whether his reasons are personal. professinal or financial i know i wish him the best of luck. it can't be easy to give up what has to be basically easy money to take on the unknown.

i for one think this is going to make season 6 more interesting

Yes..... he's facing a big adventure and I'm sure that he's doing the right thing for him... and it will be interesting to see how he progresses. It will also keep the production team and writers on their toes for season six..... I for one will await events with great interest.

i know there are several people who are wanting to stop watching after he leaves and unsub from lists and stop reading/writing fic since danny's not in it....i don't know, to each his own but i for one, like i said above, think this will be veryinteresting. i mean i adore the show but IT"S JUST A TV SHOW.

people come and go and honestly, if you're trying to inject a tiny bit of reality into it, after 5 years they shouldnt' still be together at all.
colonels aren't usually on field assignments, if women aren't allowed into combat they sure aren't going to be on a first contact team adn teal'c...comeon, as nice as the character is he's still an alien turncoat. likely he'd never have been allowed out of hte facility much less on a team...and let's not even go into lettinga civilian run around like danny has.

i just hope everyone gives 'the new guy' a chance. he's got a hard road ahead of him.
1) he's only really got the job for a year
2) everything he does will be viewed under a 'danny wouldnt' have done it that way' or 'how dare he act like daniel, he's not danny'

and they've said danny will be scarce but not gone. he will be seen again.

now one thing i'm wondering about...'the new guy' is supposedly someone big and someone we've met...who is it? what characters have we been introduced to?

colonel q...now that's a scary thought
marty(lloyd)...that would be geek on a plate
umm...they've said it's male and...have we had any other male characters so far this season?

Not that it's likely, but how about Major Davis. Or some of those nameless tech weenies that never get to do much more than say "Wormhole Activation"

;)

Originally posted by Gemsong
Not that it's likely, but how about Major Davis. Or some of those nameless tech weenies that never get to do much more than say "Wormhole Activation"

;)

Yeah Davis may be good, but he'd have to be transferred from the pentagon and I think maybe he's been out the field a little to long.

How about a dog like Lassie?:D

Lassie: "Bark Bark!"
Jack: "What is it boy? Sam's trapped on a Goa'uld mothership and it's on fire?"

Hey I can dream!:p ;) :D

I do love the Lassie Image! Hey maybe they could use 'horse' or Miz She.... Miz She will do anything for food! "horse" is big enough to make everyone take notice and when he barks... the earth trembles... nothing else does... we all know him too well...

I hope MS does very well in the endeavors he will try.

Replacement... if we can't use dogs.... I know I am wrong but what about the guy who gets Lantash...... (yes! I know there is supposed to be a tearful goodby between him and Sam!) although I would be happy to see another civilian... I don't think I could take Marty (Point of No Return, Wormhole eXtreme) as much as I like him or even Urgo...

Status
Not open for further replies.