Favourite moments in the films?

My favorite scenes where the ones that sent shivers down my spine...shivers of excitement that is. And those scenes were when the Ents went to fight Saruman at Isengard (with that lovely music!), and when the beacons were being lit and we were following them towards Rohan. Those are my favorites.

I also love the scene when Gollum is arguing with himself, lol. The only time he ever appeared to be cute.

And finally, I also love the scene in the first movie in the corn field when Frodo and Sam run into Merry and Pippin. :D

Got to be the charge of the Rohirrim at the Battle of the Pelennor Fields.

Agree with Pyan...the horn blowing and then the charge. Also liked Moria for obvious reasons

I loved all of the movies, but I would have to say that my favorite parts were:

FOTR
Gandalf fighting the balrock (You shall not pass!!!!!!) that was great.
The forming of the fellowship in Rivendell (especially when Sam comes running out saying "Mr. Frodo's not going anywhere without me", and when Merry and Pippen come running out and the look on Lord Elrond's face. LOLOLOL) which was so inspiring.
TOTT
When the Rohirrim surround Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas, and Eomir threatens Gimli and Legolas, pulls an arrow to defend him.
When the elves show up at Helm's Deep and the look on the soldiers faces in the background. You could see they drew courage and strength from them. Great acting!!
When Gandalf comes with the Rohirrim on the 5th morning and they come down the hill and the sun comes up right at the same moment. Beautiful!!!!!!
Gandalf fighting the Balrock.
Aragorn coming thru the doors after he fell off the cliff and everyone thought he was dead.
ROTK
The lighting of the beacons (I can't remember if this was in TOTT or ROTK) was a great scene.
Gollum talking to himself is always funny.
Pippen's Song
When Sam tells Frodo that he can't carry the ring for him, but he can carry him, and then does. Can you say "Hero all the way!!!!!!!!!!"
When King Aragorn says "You bow to noone", I loved that.

I have to admit, that line "But I can carry you" was very emotionally charged. Well done to Pete Jackson for setting the scene beautifully.

Some of my favourite moments would be Borimirs. Despite being tempted by the Ring, he did have his good moments. Defending his brother from his father, telling Frodo not to 'carry the weight of the dead', and of course his sacrificing himself to save Merry and Pippin.

Emotional Moments:

I liked the part in Two Towers the way Samwise went on about the old stories.

And when Aragorn drops at the pile of dead Orcs thinking the Hobbits were lost.

I liked Pippin's song in the scene of Faramir going back to Osgiliath. It was harsh watching the steward eat his food and showing the likeness of blood coming from his mouth.

But I break everytime I see Aragorn telling the Hobbits they bow to noone.

I'm sure there are more that haven't come to mind just now.

It’s been a some time since I’ve watched the films and much longer still ( eight years I think) that I last read the LOTR Novels, so for forgive me in advance for glossing over of some of the details. This is from my favorite; The Fellowship of the Ring:

In Isengard, Saruman betrays Gandalf and inside the great tower Orthanc they duel. But finally he is overcome by his 'supposedly' wiser/elder of his order which was dubious to start with (but that is another story...). Gandalf ends up at the peak of the tower all beaten, bruised and broken, Saruman comes to finish the job and offer the deal one last time…he refuses naturally and says something along the lines of there is but one God and he answers to no one…with this he flings himself off the tower to probable oblivion, but is intercepted by one of the giant eagles he befriends...

In the mines of Moria, the last of the Bulrogs existing on Middle-Earth since the time of Melkor/Morgoth? comes after the fellowship. After the rest crosses the narrow ledge lining the top of the chasm, Gandalf stays on the flimsy ledge to face his worst nightmare (to give time enough for his companions to escape), “YOU SHALL NOT PASS!” his powerful voice rings across the huge cavern and he hammers the butt of his staff on the bridge transmuting the stone into solid ice…”flee you fools...” me manages to whisper before both wizard and demon plunges into the chasm…

Cheers, DeepThought

Saruman making the squealing noise as he slides across the room in Orthanc..... just too funny for words.

I like Gandalf and pippin talkking whe the trolls are betaing the doors down, the film starts to say somethign then

When Aragorn in front of Gates of Mordor ends his speech shouting "not this day, today we fight!" and even though they are convinced to die fighting finally go into battle with all their strength

I liked when the Hobbits would take many food breaks.

I like the Shire scenes.

I liked the Balrog battle with Gandalf.

I really enjoyed the battle between Aragorn and the orcs near the end of the first film.

I laughed when Bilbo told the other Hobbits at his party how he really felt toward them.

I really enjoyed it when Aragorn charged into the armies of Mordor near the end of the third film. *"This one is for Frodo."

*And at that point in the theater it was silent, then cheers and screams of excitement filled the air. Very cool. :)

*Whine* No one has mentioned Elrond and the Eyebrows of Doom! I loved the Council scene.

All the fight scenes.

Eowyn's little sparring match with Aragorn.

The build-up to the battle at Helm's Deep.

The Ringwraiths and their flying steeds.

Gollum's argument with himself.

Sam's homecoming.

Gollum's arguments with himself are priceless.

Could happily pass on EVERYTHING Aragorn does in Return of the King... how to get a character totally wrong? have PJ direct it, and Viggo play it...

I love Gandalf's and Pippins arrival at Minas Tirith, especially the stirring music.

But I think my favourite moment is the lighting of the beacons. An astonishing scene, especially in the cinema on a huge screen!

For me it has to be the scene when Gandalf fights the Belrog. I thought it was amazing how they fell and fought. Fantastic!

Jude

I had never given Lord of the Rings a second thought in my life (though I do seem to recall that at some point in the 5th grade watching the cartoon version, but that might have been a Bob Hope special, I'm not sure) and then the movie came out and my friend and I thought that there was nothing to do that night might as well check out what all the hubbub was.

Walked out talking about how that was one of the best movies we'd ever seen.

I thought Peter Jackson did a great job explaining everything that one had to know about what had happened (the flash backs were great) and what the whole deal was with each character and why they were doing what they were doing.

I'd say favorite moment is when (please take for granted I am in no way a Tolkien aficionado) Boromir dies protecting the two hobbits. Very heroic scene.

(Now, with all that said: I've tried to read the books three times and I just couldn't do it. Wanted to. Couldn't.)