5.22: Revelations

Stargate SG-1 5-22 (Revelations)

Hey everyone!

This episode had some amazing ideas! What's going to happen now without Daniel? At the end of the show, there was some 'bells' ringing! Could that imply that Mother Nature or D.J. are in Stargate Command? Could that imply that Thor's spirit is in Jack?

This last episode left me standing with a few questions. Has any person heard any news about Season 6? Is it out there?

All the best,

Garron
Lt. Colonel
SG-X, SG-3
United States Marine Corps

Okay...... now this is becoming tedious and irritating. Please stop this experimenting and go back on topic, which is the episode Revelations. People visit this thread to have discussions not to watch others practising their ability to use spoiler space.

Anni
Season 5 Moderator

Hi Garron and welcome to Ascifi and the Season 5 forum. I hope you enjoy reading the postings and there are plenty of threads to grab your interest!

Because there is already a thread for Revelations and relevant postings in Season 5 forum, I am going to move your comment into it so that others can read and respond.

Anni
Season 5 Moderator

The Fuss

Originally posted by Anni

I'm not explaining myself very well, but something is sadly missing and i am too tired to sit and give it too much thought really. I look at all the fuss over one character leaving the show and think..... really it shouldn't matter all that much..... and I don't mean the grief portrayed by the characters.... I mean the extreme grief portrayed by the fans which has been taken totally out of context.

I think you explained yourself just fine - got me thinking as usual.

As to the fans' grief and the fuss: I've read comments from those who said it was the good writing that has them so hooked on the show, another who said she was sad about DJ leaving and didn't know "why it affected her so". I don't think it was merely the writing. Part of the reason some are deeply affected is *us* - we each find our own connection, our own unique way of interpreting the departure of DJ. It's "just a TV Show" but the things in our lives it symbolizes are very real. Only we can determine what those things are and deal with them as we see fit.

As to Revelations: While I watched, I kept thinking this is a very good episode and in the next thought I was annoyed because DJ wasn't in it. Oh, well. Just enough, but too late. And although having the first 10 minutes devoted to dealing with DJ's departure was all right per se- it worked for many - But I could've done with a couple less of those scenes. I'm with Jack; I'm ready to get back to work, whatever that may be, here and now.

- O

"Happiness is a very small desk and a very big wastebasket." - Robert Orben

I loved the stroganov comparison Hatshepsut :D (PS. Your real first name isn't Jaclyn by any chance?).

Anni - Your too little too late speech was quite interesting. However, if you were to reintroduce the mystery of the show or the kind of stuff that we liked, would it not be easier to do it slowly and not with a sledgehammer?

Was anyone else dissappointed that Anubis was not in a Jackal's helmet like in the film? I actually never expected him to be in a helmet. I wanted him to be, but i knew they wouldnt do it. However, I never thought that he would remain completely covered. I think it was a better choice to keep Anubis cloaked rather than show his face. It's an interesting trick this. Sometimes by not showing the audience something you can scare them more as you leave it to their Imagination. However the danger with doing this is what you decide to do in the end. Will the face be revealed? If so what will it look like? Will people have high hopes? Will their hopes be too high and will reality not be as expected? More than likely peoples expectations will soar with the limit of their imaginations. High hopes is probably the biggest reason for dissappointment in any story be it film or TV.

Oh and I also see what you mean Anni about your thought provoking Sci-Fi point. I like stories with Shades of grey too. Youexplained yourself very well.

Anubis

Does anyone else think that maybe anubis is an ascended goauld. Maybe oma or someone that she ascended maybe helped him ascend, not knowing that he was evil or thinking that he changed. This would explain the look of his face and the technology he was able to get his hands on. What do u guys think?

Sarah

Re: Anubis

Originally posted by StarExplorerSB
Does anyone else think that maybe anubis is an ascended goauld. Maybe oma or someone that she ascended maybe helped him ascend, not knowing that he was evil or thinking that he changed. This would explain the look of his face and the technology he was able to get his hands on. What do u guys think?

Sarah

Yes- Sarah this is exactly what occurred to me also. I was thinking that he was only partially ascended, that he was unable to complete the journey to "glowing" completely - stopped by his own lack of *whatever*, or by Oma, forever consigned to a hellish half-state, in a really grouchy mood.

I also thought if DJ were to return, there would be a battle between DJ and Anubis in their ascended or corporeal states, or somewhere in-between. That could be fun.

- O

re: anubis

I also thought if DJ were to return, there would be a battle between DJ and Anubis in their ascended or corporeal states, or somewhere in-between. That could be fun.

Yeah, I totally agree. That would be cool.

Originally posted by Anni
To all the folk who have suddenly discovered that they can put grey spoilers in.... congratulations.... but enough already! This thread IS for Revelations and anyone who comes to it will probably find spoilers here, so most who don't want to know will kinda guess this and not bother to read the thread until they have seen it and want to post a review or opinion. Those who do read it, must surely wish to be spoiled.

If you're really concerned about spoiling someone else's viewing, then you can just put 'spoiler' in the subject line. Then it's up to them whether they go further, isn't it?

Thankyou Anni! :D

All that grey **** was starting to annoy the hell out of me. :evil:

Originally posted by AnniThey caught my interest in the very beginning of the show and then slowly crushed the life out of it.
I guess that's jsut been a product of the show's evolution. I myself have felt the same way about the later half of season 5. For me it's just been one poor ep follow by poor ep, with a few good bits thrown in. I think it's something that every show goes through. Five seasons is a long time to be making a show and things can go through a rough or boreing patch. I think in a way Michael's departure from the show will in some way give it a fresh start for Season 6. Maybe it's the thing they need to kick back to the "good old days".

Anyways, about Revelations...
On the whole it was okay, but it definetly wasn't in the class of previous finales (I personally attribute that to the fact that it was an M&M collaboration. Someone has to keep those two away from the important eps, they're good for fillers but that's all). Also it may be because that they didn't know if it was yay or nay for a sixth season.

I don't think the ep had the suspence level of previous season finales, and this is what left me a little bored with it. The ending was a little anti-climactic. It just seemed like a normal ep, rather than a season finale.

It was okay to see Sarah/Osiris again. I'm hoping they'll build her up to be more evil. The Asgard background was a nice addition. The character reaction to Daniel's death was good, very true to character for all of them, especially Jack. I agree with Anni, I loved Amanda's performance. Damn, that girl can act!

Someone made a comment about not worrying about the Host and just killing the Goa'uld anyway. I have to say that I disagree with that. Part of the angst factor comes from the fact that they DON'T want to kill the Host. Like in Summit (I'm not putting a spoiler space cos if you're reading this then you probably should have seen it - if not then what the hell are you doing here anyway), the fact that Daniel wouldn't release the poison cos he didn't want to harm Sarah created Drama. If we didn't have that drama then what would the show be, a bunch of people going out and shooting stuff. Also, if they just killed every goa'uld without regard for the Host then we wouldn't have any bad guys.

As for Daniel's absence, well, I know we're only one ep after, but I didn't really notice it all that mcuh. It hasn't effected me as much as I thought it would. Perhaps next season when we get back into things.

One final thought:
Someone give Tichenor an award. The visual effects were definetly the highlight of this episode. The man is a genius.

i've had that thought as well....that anubis is maybe an ancient (or whatever oma and now daneil are) who's been corrupted by a goauld.

this would actually make sense that ascended danny boy will 'save the universe' (god i hope not but it does make sense)

some of us are calling him a ring wraith because that's what he looks like.

it was a nice way to end season 6......if y'all will forgive me my shallow thoughts....jack was dealing with daniel as best he could...basicaly not dealing with it...sam was in her own way. but it also shows the void on teh team now...before danny boy got glowy, she'd have went to him for comfort....now she has no one. (a little bit of teal'c...and any sam / teal'c interaction is a good thing)
teal'c is using his culture to deal with it...and hammy's trying to fill in the gaps.

if anyone was curious...heirdahl as played by teryl. she dressed up in a little black suit with some thingies the computer sees at the joints...they than taped her..and used her movements to program the computer to animate heirdahl. very high tech. this is the kind of stuff they used on titanic and other big movies. likely even lord of the rings.

if you look at how the guys acted in ascension and desperate measures...that it became apparant that they really didn't hang out that much...it's nice to see that danny's departure is drawing them a little closer. almost like his absence is strengtherning them a bit rather than tearing them apart.

Re: Anubis

Originally posted by StarExplorerSB

Sarah

Well it all makes sense now. Coz everyone knows that when you ascend your face turns to gooh! Common guys, It's a friggen mask he's wearing!

Maybe the whatnot behind the mask is Daniel .................now that he's "ascended" he could be anything .................oooooooohhhhhh there's a thought!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

if anyone was curious...heirdahl as played by teryl. she dressed up in a little black suit with some thingies the computer sees at the joints...they than taped her..and used her movements to program the computer to animate heirdahl. very high tech. this is the kind of stuff they used on titanic and other big movies. likely even lord of the rings.

That is really cool, I didn't know that. Thanks.
That is pretty high tech for a tv show.
It shows how dedicated they are to making the show as good as it can be.:D

this had to be what they were taping during gatecon last year. TR did work really late and didn't come to the cocktail party or sekh's party becasue of it. she also talked about playing the CGI alien...but wouldn't say who the alien was.

anyone else swear that heirdahl sounded a lot like yoda??? i mean think back to the first bits we see of yoda..him fiddling around in his little house.

and i dont know about anyone else...but i liked ticked off sam. i totally understand jack's attitude. bury it and get on...that's how he deals. but sarky sam is great.
personally i hope she hangs around

Originally posted by skydiver
i liked ticked off sam. i totally understand jack's attitude. bury it and get on...that's how he deals. but sarky sam is great.
personally i hope she hangs around

:D :D :D :cool: LOL!!

anyone else swear that heirdahl sounded a lot like yoda??? i mean think back to the first bits we see of yoda..him fiddling around in his little house.

I totally agree.
That Sam is way more entertaining to watch, and a cooler person