5.07: Beast Of Burden

skydiver

Trivia Goddess
//Beast of Burden Daniel Jackson has a key episode of his own when a close friend is turned into a Beast of Burden.
Penned by Paul Mullie and Joseph Mallozzi, the show's executive producers explain that, "This episode turns into quite a moral argument but, hey this is Stargate and we like to get our hands dirty. Daniel gets very personally involved and at the end of the day the seeds of civil war are sown, which is a consequence certain members of SG-1 have to live with."

As for Beast of Burden ---- Peter de Luise said in this interview
that he liked the Unas very much and thus brought them back again. In
this episode a planet is shown where the Unas have been made slaves
(don't know whether it's the same planet as in First Ones, he doesn't
say). SG-1 indroduces the Unas to the concept of rebellion. (No Prime
Directive here *G*)

i'm at a lose as to how one of danny's friends could turn into an unas - but hey i'm open to the possibility:(

no maybe you havent seen the ep yet, but daniel made friends with an Una's. I believe that is thier point.

Beast Of Burden

*Beast of Burden is a follow up to season four's The First Ones, in which Daniel made friends with a young unas named Chaka. Since then Chaka and his kind have been enslaved by a humanoid race the Unas were once masters of. SG-1 is put in the position of having to decide if they are morally obligated to liberate the Unas from bondage* (Taken from TV Zone)

I sure can't wait to download and watch this ep as i think the unas are great. anyone elses opinions?

ya, I really liked the episode from season 4. Of course I wouldn't mind making Teal'c into my "beast of burden", hee hee, actually make that Jack or Danny-Boy. Heck, I'll take all three please! Can't wait for tonights episode. Too bad it doesn't get uploaded until tomorrow morning.

well i liked the epi. just watched it quick but seemed like a good team and jack/danny epi. like the reverse roles of jack and danny- ie not interfering in someone elses culture. and anni should be happy this did not wrap up nicely at the end of the show. :D

I enjoy the episode, it was a good one. Specially love to see again the Daniel/Chaka friendship. And see Daniel try to do everything to free him.

Krystal :D

I can't believe I missed it!

Hi there! I need help? I had a VCR problem and missed Beast of Burden! Anyone have it on video tape? I live in New YTork (Long Island). I'll pay for the tape and shipping. I've tried to get the show online. Am still waiting for that episode to be put on. I don't know if it will work so I want to have a back-up plan. Can anyone help?:iiworry:

SPOILER*****
*I liked seeing Chaka evolve even further, taking up arms for his people and such....and the fact that he felt responsible for getting Jack and Daniel captured says alot about him, IMHO.

my fav scene from beast of burden the ending when MS is wet and talking to chaka, wet no glasses :)

sue

Attachments

• bob_d36.jpg
    bob_d36.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 385
Re: I can't believe I missed it!

Originally posted by HeyLynny
Hi there! I need help? I had a VCR problem and missed Beast of Burden! Anyone have it on video tape? I live in New YTork (Long Island). I'll pay for the tape and shipping. I've tried to get the show online. Am still waiting for that episode to be put on. I don't know if it will work so I want to have a back-up plan. Can anyone help?:iiworry:

lenny i can make you a dub if you need.
just contact me
skydiver119@hotmail.com

oh now i cant wait to see it, 'the first ones' was my fav episode
from season 4, this episode sounds great roll on sept 12th
and ms looks so hot...peachy:D :evil:

I liked this episode, especially the role reversal between DAniel and Jack. with Daniel wanting to interfere in the culture and Jack being against it.

Also liked it when Tealc went to try and help Daniel and Jack and Sam went with him.

REally nice to see the development of Chaka. His character has really grown and the friendship between him and Daniel was good to see.

I *really* liked this one. What I liked the best was that it explored some very difficult ethical and moral questions, and didn't presumem to answer them all neatly and patly. Chaka is going to lead a rebellion, and it's going to be a pretty bloody one.

Another favorite moment - when Daniel, recovering from the painstick thingy (does anyone know what these are called?), and the shock of seeing the other unas murdered in front of him, and he says, so tiredly, something to the effect of "Jack, for once I'm not arguing, I just want to get out of here". A nice moment.

The first ones is absolitely the best episode I've ever seen, or should I say so far?! BEast of Burden is as good as that one, if not better.

I was quite sad about the changes in Daniel's character, you know this action hero stuff, lol. Now this one shows that Daniel is still the peacefull, caring sensible (I know blabla) anthropologist I fell in love with.

And I really enjoyed the arguments between him and Jack, as always ( When Jack says he doesn't care and everyone looks at him, accusingly, lol)

The topic of the episode is very well chosen and critically realized, in my opinion.

I could watch it a thousand times.
best fun moment is when Daniel talks to Carter and tells her that Jack's alright...physically and the part about the birthday present, I was rofl

bye Isold

what did Danny-boy say after saying Jack was physically alright? The sound on my computer wasn't so good so I couldn't catch what his joke was even when I went over it several times at full volume.