What about Willow and Oz!!!

I don't know where they would have gone with Oz if he'd stayed on the show, the character had a lot of scope. But I'm sure the Oz/Willow relationship wouldn't have lasted too long, because Whedon hates happy relationships and he'd have thrown a spanner into the works in some form.

I never liked Tara, because she always struck me as too manipulative. I also found her relationship with Willow rather sickening ... because the way they spoke together would have been sticky-sweet for any couple, gay or straight. It was like the producers and writers were trying too hard to make the relationship fabulous because they were lesbians and they just went too far. But I would have been all for the two of them finding happiness together if I didn't dislike Tara and the way Willow acted when she was around her ... and the whole Oz thing. Maybe Willow was ready to break up with Oz, but I don't think that many viewers were!

I also found it strange that after Willow became romantically involved with Tara the writers acted like she had been gay all along, like she didn't like boys at all. Um, what about Xander? What about Oz? The girl was bisexual, and it was odd that the producers shied away from that.

One of my daughter, who is a big Buffy fan, has made up her mind that Willow and Oz are together. The show is over, comic books and other media are not canon, and she figures that Oz and Willow found each other again because it was inevitable. Kennedy was like Tara only worse; it couldn't have lasted. Being a stubborn woman, my daughter refuses to hear otherwise.

And since I like her version, I tend to agree with her.

Season 8 of Buffy is canon, according to Joss. Where the story went was also awful, the few bits I've caught of it.

If you did a poll, I think Kennedy would top it as the most hated Buffy character, much for the reasons you've already given. The Willow/Kennedy relationship was too wrong and only shoehorned in to allow one of the charaters to have an ongoing relationship at the end. Which is dumb in my view. Better to say "it's all over, here's a fresh start for everybody".