5.02: Threshold

I agree with you, Ma'tec, Cor-Ai was a great episode, and for much the same reasons Threshold is. Teal'c is a complex and deep individual and I just love it whenever they plumb those depths and plumb them they did. Threshold was amazing.

Everyone did a good job last night--writer, director and actors. Peter DeLuise did a wonderful job directing. The camera angles, the lighting, *everything* was perfection. The script by Brad Wright had the right mix of angst and humor. I could have done with a little less of the Jack/Daniel comedy routine, but that's very minor. Besides, I liked it when Teal'c said, "Silence, woman!" to Daniel. He reacted just like Jack would have. LOL

Don Davis was simply outstanding. Hammond's profound respect for Teal'c came through loud and clear with just a look or a tone of voice. A subtle and masterful performance. Dr. Frasier's determination to do the right thing by her patient (but when has she not?) was great. It must have been very hard for her to stand aside and allow them to carry through with the ritual, but she was wise enough to realize that more was at stake than just Teal'c's body.

The best performance had to have been Christopher Judge's, however. He took Teal'c through a whole range of emotions--from the innocence of the new recruit to the angst of a man forced to do terrible things in service to his "god" to his final determined step towards freedom. Who knew Teal'c was such a gifted liar when he conned his doctors into believing he had overcome the brainwashing? He was alternately "injured innocent" and arrogant as he fought the deprogramming. CJ didn't miss a beat. He has always turned in a first-class performance, but last night he was simply outstanding even by his high standards. Wow!

Good thing, try excellent thing! LOVED the interactions with the whole team and MASTER BRA'TAC...MY Favorite espisode Yeah, I am still looking for PdL's cameo and the candles were great! I loved that Hammie and Bra'Tac agreed on what was to happen with T-Man... such an emotional episode... (wipes tears and sweat from brow!) It was soooo perfect! (except when my T-Man kissed what's her face.....) But he even did that soooo well...

THANK YOU,

i have been trying to figure out what pdl did because i could see the reflections which i thought was very well thought of but didn't know what i was supposed to be looking for THANK YOU whomever responded to what we are suppost to be looking out for :)

loved the eps. comedy parts in right spot :)

jack and daniel stuff rocked, rda and MS seem to have that right with the timeing something they both like to work on and the valour and val'ar thing was funny and then the logical and illogical part they gave for daniel so star trekkie and then when tealc calls him a woman love the look, i mean the looks were so on, and yes the 100% no 99% sure that apothis is dead, i see apothis coming back with a replicators attached to him this time :)

anyway chris did a wonderful job, had you in there in the eps. and the flashbacks rocked of all the seasons which he wanted FREEDOM :) and nice to see bratek back we knew he could not die but they at least gave him 2 years until his snake gets old :)

pdl and brad wright, the writing and directing right on :)

ok i will shut up now,

next

sue

Great Episode!!!!

First, let me say that I was in absolute BLISS last night!!! That episode was for every hardcore, T-man-lovin' individual out there.

Now that I've said that, I was very pleased with CJ's performance. It's nice to see him, as well as any of the actors break the mold of their expected personalities. I have to admit that my two favorite scenes were when Master Bra'tac hit him in the head and Daniel's reaction when he "called" him "woman." I, too, like the innocence of the bright-eyed Jaffa apprentice. Truthfully, I was really impressed with him when he was lying on his bare back in the snow. Any actor that has to do that has my attention.

I could kick myself for not taping this one. :(

i totally agree. i am so glad they allowed CJ to act out a RANGE of emotions (and i'm talking broad spectrum here, people). i loved this ep! oh, gross, my keyboard's all wet and...what? slimy! guess this isn't the best place to be drooling. *close your mouth!*
sorry.
anyone else notice Danny's hair? I thought it looked great.

ok teal'c lovers who have worn out their tape so far! can anybody name all the epis that were flashed at the end of threshold??
:p

Sure, I see the question when I'm not sitting in my living room going over the scene frame by frame. O.K, sure I'm missing some, but these ones were there for sure:

CotG
The First Commandment
Bloodlines
Bane
Family
The Gamekeeper
and

Some were so brief and generic that is was had to tell exactly which one they were from. A few of the Teal'c in full Jaffa costume could have been from TBFtGoG.

Anyone else?

i haven't had time to watch it frame by frame- will do today and get back to ya....anyone else?

ooh my list is at home. i know serpents venom, song, grasp and lair all had some. along with d&c i think and crossroads

look for the blooper from bane and the shot of the other actress that plays his wife.

and some of htem are so generic it'd be very, very hard to pick them out

Has anyone actually counted them? I was trying too (but they got going too fast), wondering if it would work out to being nearly one from every episode? That'd be cool.

it doesn't look like they used one from every epi though they did mix all the seasons including early season 4 scenes which are easy to pick out because of the caterpillar on cj chin.
anyway i counted 50 separate shots but from a mix of the different shows-some able to be picked out and some generic.

a partial list: and some of the ones i'm missing are the generic ones i can't place (for all i know they could be unused scenes)

cotg
bloodlines
cotg
d&c
nox
cotg
bane-blooper
s venom
fane
holiday
enemy within
crossroads
cotg
cotg

family
family
bloodlines
small vics

gamekeeper
s lair
s grasp
singularity
entity
family

i'll try to watch it again and see if i can get more, my vcr kept stopping and making me rewind

or those of you with the technology an screen cap it

this was another great episode. We got to see very deeply into Teal'cs past and also about bra'tac. all round this was a good ep for characters. we got teal'c, bra'tac, sam, and even janet who felt strongly about possibly letting teal'c die. i can't see anything wrong with this ep and it was very good

2nd eppy

Well aside from tape not taping sound on first ten minutes getting me wound up....
Liked this one.

Nice seeing into Teal'c's past as we have more on the others than him...

Liked Bra'tac and the interactions...

Jack and Daniel "Velour?" "He called me a woman!"

Also liked having janet and Hammond brought in, just as it should be.....

GREAT EPPY:D:D:D:

i totaly agree this was a good ep.

nice to see bratac doing his thing, loved the whole woman/ velour conversation.

and the emotional george hammond was brilliant !

i'm gonna have to watch this one again and again to catch all the flash backs and little interactons that were not obvious, first time round.

loved it, sweet..................

how lond till next ep i'm bitting my nails already.

yah i loved it...
as fan ficcer i love to see hammond and janet being more emotional and this really encapsulated it all...

now i'm just hoping they can keep this level up. i know a few of the ones to come and they SOUND good.... like this one did... hope it pulls of as well:D:D:D:

ohh 7 days that's soooooooo mean!

i liked this eppy as well especially the velour/woman bit:D
it was great to see the t-man getting an eppy of his own
...peachy:D

now i have to wait another week to see more :(

Yeah like you guys I really really liked this one.
It was great to see some of Teal'cs early days as a young jaffa:D
Much need I think;)

Hammond was really good too...he nearly had me in tears:(
Have always liked Bra'tac and his relationship to Teal'c.

Yep loved it...can't wait for more!:cool:

have *just* watched the eppy in the late repeat..

It was great. Really good to see the struggle to regain Teal'c's spirit from Apophis' mind washing.

The flashbacks were fantastic, really good to see Teal'c's past, and how he first came to question Popsy...
A flashback eppy could easily have been a way to recycle past episodes, but this was all new apart from the end clip. very cool.

This episode was a lot more satisfying than last weeks if you as k me, even though it was not as action packed, it made more sense plot-wise :smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Daysman Critiques 5
w h pugmire esq H P Lovecraft 8
L General TV Discussion 10
S Stargate General Discussions 11