Planet of the Apes (1968)

Annette, thanks for the competition website address (it was a dead link, but I went to Fox.UK instead and found it.

Did you enter? Did you know there were actually two different competitions there?

I entered both -- easy questions -- so don't know what the chances are of winning.

Asmiley, do you want to know a little of the plot?

In the year 2029, astronaut Leo Davidson (Mark Wahlberg) boards a pod cruiser on a space station for a "routine" reconnaissance mission.

But an abrupt detour through a space time wormhole lands him on a strange planet where talking apes rule over the human race. With the help of a sympathetic chimpanzee activist named Ari (Helena Bonham-Carter) and a small band of human rebels, Leo leads the effort to evade the advancing gorilla army led by General Thade (Tim Roth) and his most trusted warrior, Attar (Michael Clarke Duncan).

Now the race is on to reach a sacred temple within the planet's forbidden zone to discover the shocking secrets of mankind's past - and the key to its future.

Released in the UK: 17 August 2001

Stripe has just posted that the movie is behind schedule though POTA

Apologies for that Dave, couldn't have been concentrating.

I only entered the one competition.

annette :D

As long as you don't mind me passing them on.

No, like Asmiley, I'm really looking forward to this.

There is an internet rumour, not always believable, that there will be a 'Star Wars: Episode II' trailer shown before POTA. They are both FOX films, but it seems a little early for Episode II.

Thanx Dave. It looks pretty good.

One question who is Paul Trachtenberg? The person 'In Memoriam'.

hahahahahahaha

LOL LOL LOL LOL

:lol: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lol: :laugh:

There are now some reviews of POTA on the web now that it has been released in the USA.Dark Horizons has several. They are all pretty negative, unfortunately, and I didn't read all of them because some give away the ending. The start, which gets Leo to the planet, is supposedly very 'Star Trek:TNG' -ish. The middle part has some big 'Braveheart'-like battle scenes. The ending is badly done, and breaks all time-travel continuity rules.

I'll still go and see it, but I'm disappointed that it won't be better.

Hubby is going to see this tonight. (Tuesday)

Back