Beetlejuice (1988) - fav scene

Ah, me too! Sleepy Hollow I think is my favourite, very closely followed by Nightmare Before Christmas. Mars Attacks is a brilliant film (I forgot that he directed it!), I haven't seen it for ages. Batman Returns is excellent. Charlie and the Chocolate factory...hmm, aesthetically, it's brilliant, as are all Burton films, but the film as whole didn't appeal to me.

I was looking for you Hoopy, so??? Did I paint it right?
P.s. I really aren't a stocker :eek:

Oh hey Ston...tracked me down, well done...although posting in the tea room usually gets my attention.
And that looks delightful! Yay! :)
I'm off for a while, but hunt me down later in the tea room and we can chat...don't want to take the thread off topic!

Day-0, Day-ay-ay-0...:D:D:D

The year after Beetlejuice was released, I was taking a very serious law class, taught by a very serious teacher who happened to be an attorney as well. Some of us were sitting around one day, talking about how it would be sooooo funny if one day, this teacher suddenly broke out singing this song and doing that silly dance they did in the film.

One day, class was particularly serious, and one of the others who had been in the conversation about the film sort of turned halfway in her seat and sighed and looked bored. So, I simply mouthed the word "Day-O" where she could see, when the teachers back was turned. She started giggling and couldn't stop. She wasn't the only one who had seen me, and they started laughing, as well, and soon just about the entire class was nearly falling out of their chairs laughing so hard.

Well, serious teacher (who I later worked for and discovered that he had a wonderful sense of humor and is, in reality just an aging hippie...but felt he needed to project a professional image in the classroom) looked around frowning...but when he saw which of us were laughing the hardest, he just smiled and shook his head and went on with what he was saying. You see, he knew that this particular group within the class was insane. We were all older than the average community college student and made it very clear to him that we would only let him be so serious for so long a time before doing something to break things up. Since most of us got very good grades, we were able to get away with things like that.

Anyway, that's what I always think of first when I see something about Beetlejuice.:p

1. Edward Scissorhands
  2. Nighmare Before Christmas (although he didn't direct)
  3. Batman Returns
  4. Ed Wood
  5. Sleepy Hollow
  6. Corpse Bride
  7. Batman
  8. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
  9. Beetlejuice
  10. Mars Attacks
  11. Big Fish
  12. Planet of the Apes (Boo Hiss)
Ranked in Order.

Big Fan of Tim Burton.