Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
info

Thanks for catching my goof on years... I was really brain dead when I wrote my last post and have to get better at proof reading.

As for Sam taking command in 'Spirits', that was a 'one of'. As professional military myself [okay- retired] and having trained for the NCO command ranks, she still doesn't have the depth of background. She's a 'science techie'. She'd need a couple of years, at least, of a command slot - probably a small unit or small base command and a 'lot' of field time. It's sad to say, but as a woman, she may become a unit commander, but probably of a science team, not first contact.

She just doesn't have the depth of background folks like O'Neill, Ferretti, Makepeace, etc have from being in constant combat assignments during the years before the SGC. It's not the sort of experience the military puts women in position to get.

Heck... I had to argue for 6 years to be allowed to put in for jump school and when they finally did open the program to women, my unit wouldn't release me because I had 'too much rank' and was considered mission essential - they didn't want to have me gone that long or risk me getting broken.

I think they just didn't want to have a female NCO with jump wings. :{

Mostly, I was just wondering why no mention had been made of Sam. Now I know.

Jump school? I think my acrophobia just kicked in! I really identified with Teal'c in Watergate. "This is not wise." LOL

Jump School

Jumping is great. I've got 7 military jumps on my ecord, just no 'official' school jumps [the kind that count for your 'jump badge'.

It's just when the ground get's so close to fast ... :{

Looks like none of the above won out......long live Jack.......lol

Carkedit :dead:

I was just thinking, If Jack had to be replaced (god forbid) Do ya think Russell Crowe could do it? I bet he'd look brilliant in a uniform. :) (droool :rolly2: )

i bet R.C would look good in a uniform, but much prefer him in that little leather skirt thing in gladiator <G>
...peachy:D

I have to say none of the above because no one could replace are Jack.

Well thats my view anyway.

woohoo, we're all in agreement then, there's only 1 jack
and thats R.D.A. 3 cheers for R.D.A..hip hip hooray...
...peachy ;) :D ;)

I'm a 'none of the ubove' kinda gal as well. No RDA no Jack.
p.s. hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray

Well, I'll come in on the tail end of this discussion.

It is true. There can be only one RDA. He cannot be replaced.

Not even with Kurt Russell. Sorry, but RDA has made the role is in all the way it counts.

I like George, but I just don't see him as the airforce type.

Now, if the question was, who would you add to the SGC.... It would be Major Davis.

No no, not the one already on the show. There is a real Major Davis who I served under in the Air Force. Absolute gorgeous hunk. Sense of humor. Treated everyone with respect.

And strained the patience of his superiors the same way our beloved Jack does.

Not THAT is something I'd like to see. :rolly2:

i agree with the 'truely awful in Batman and Robin' thing but i liked him in er and Fromdusk till dawn but the movie One fine day was too soppy.

as for a new character (not replacement jack) i'd go for the JAG guy too - he looks good in uniform.

If David James Elliott (JAG) showed up in Stargate, I would be in heaven...2 great looking guys in the same show!!! FWOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!

Carkedit :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back