Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might I just point out that I am gratified that my suggested answer to the poll -"none of the above" - is leading convincingly.

THERE IS ONLY ONE JACK O'NEILL

sorry about that, my post seemed to get a little lost there, as a team i meant rowan, and her partner.
seen saving private ryan, it was an awesome film, i had to look away at the beach part, it was horrendous, i don't know how soldiers manage to cope with that in real life, especially if it was a comrade. but i'd recomend
the film to everyone, it was a great film, very sad though
me and my eldest daughter watched it together, and the whole time it was on, there was total silence, never known her to be so quiet for so long...peachy

Originally posted by Cat
Might I just point out that I am gratified that my suggested answer to the poll -"none of the above" - is leading convincingly.

Well Duh!!!!! A new actor would mean a new character.

Unless it goes into something as dumb as sliders did. I loved that show till they took out the original Quinn.
crying.gif

Originally posted by Asmiley

Well Duh!!!!! A new actor would mean a new character.

Unless it goes into something as dumb as sliders did. I loved that show till they took out the original Quinn.
crying.gif

Well, double Duh!!!!!

Take O'Neill out of it and it would change too much. You'd have to have a spin-off, something like Stargate SG-1 - The Next Generation or Stargate SG-152 - The Next Host

Spin-offs

I *really* like that last name, Cat. :}

Jack O'Neill rules!!
If anyone HAD to replace him itd have to be David James Elliot. Y'know someone who looks good in a uniform!!
Definatly NOT George Clooney He can't act. He was good in From Dusk Till Dawn but in everything else he was "that gut from ER".
But Jack O'Neill still rules!!!!!

George

Ah, come on. Give George a chance. No, he wouldn't be 'Jack O'Neill' but we've established no one can be Jack except RDA.

He's done well in venues like 'The Peacmaker' and 'The Three Kings'. I've known CO's just like him in the Army and he'd fit in. {Besides, my husband's ex SF - as if you're ever ex anthing if you've been military - and he liked how he did in both flicks from the military protrayal PoV. ] Can't do anything about the lines they may have given him, but he acted like a good soldier all the way.

Maybe that's the problem. He's more Army than Air Force in his acting. There is a significant difference in the 'mavericks' from both services. :} Each to their own kind of wackaziod. :D

And, I'll admit, he might not make the transition from big to small screen.

But I still wouldn't throw him out for eating crackers in bed... :D

I have to admit Ive never seen the Peacemaker or The Three Kings. Maybe I shouldnt say all those things about poor George, but you have to admit he was truly awful in Batman and Robin.

George

Well ... yeah. At that time in his career, he didn't do 'slapstick' well. His newest piece 'Oh Brother, Where Are't Thou' is good.

If you can picture Homer's 'The Oddessy' reset in the 1940's depression... :}

Originally posted by Cat

It was either that or kill the moderator, or close the thread. Something like that.

Thats very true. THERE IS ONLY ONE JACK O'NEILL and unfortunatly it isnt Kurt Russell. (anyway his name was spelt O'Neil so they arent the same.)

Hellllllooooooo!!!!!!!

Uh, folks, aren't you forgetting someone here? Sam? How about promoting her and getting another character as the new 2IC?

Sam

No ... just just mad major thisyear and wouldn't be eligable fro promotion for another few years and that would be to Lt. Colonel. She's a good team member, but, so far as I can tell, has never taken 'Command and General Staff' school or any command level programs.

She's a great tech, but she's not 'trained' to be a full time CO in a first contact unit.

Or, to put it another way... I wouldn't take her as my CO. I'd want someone with a lot more command/combat expierence.

Actually, she made major last year and she has been serving in the field for the last four years, often under combat conditions. She has never had to take command, however; that's true.

If she was to take Command and General Staff school, what sort of field experience would she need to be qualified for command?

Another question: was Major Griff actually in charge of the SG unit babysitting the scientists in Prodigy or was he 2IC? If he was in charge of the unit, then there is a precedent in the SGC that being a major is sufficient for command, although I don't know if that is the way it is in the real military. Of course, he probably has way more combat experience.

It's nice to have an experienced military person to answer these questions for us civilians. Thanks, Rowan. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back