Great Film Moments!

Re: Favorite Movie Scenes

My favourite scene in any movie is in Braveheart, the slow-mo part where William Wallace rides into the fort "unarmed" and pulls out the mace and nails the unsuspecting soldier. That scene is pinnacle to the story for me because it shows that he is now really pi$$ed and nothing will stop him till he has his revenge.

Favourite scenes...where to begin.

Watchmen has a multitude, but the starting titles are particularly awesome, especially with Bob Dylan playing over it.

Samara/Sadako coming out of the tv. Totally unexpected, totally awesome. A lot of films nowadays suffer from the monster reveal. This just upped the brilliance of these.

Bernard Hill's face (as Theoden) in Return of the King as the Witch king flies at him. The resignation. Love it. The whole battle of Pelennor Plains is spectacular.

The literally kick-ass continuous shot in Warrior King. Tony Jaa going up a huge flight of stairs, beating thugs, and the entire thing is done in one shot. I am such a geek for continuous shots.

In the same way, the continuous shot where the camera follows Mr Blonde out of the warehouse, to the car, and then back in, in Reservoir Dogs.

Any scene in Inglourious Basterds that involves Christoph Waltz, but in particular the opening scene. Also, when he's asking questions of Shosanna at the dining table and then when they leave you see how hard she's been holding herself together.

I'll be back (that's not a favourite scene, just saying, I know there's loads more).

The scene in Moon where Sam talks to his daughter.

See, I'm usually quite a cynical and hard hearted little jerk, but I saw Moon just after moving away from all my family and friends to another part of the UK, and was bitterly homesick. That whole scene had me choked up when I first saw it, and still gets me now. In fact, Sam's whole emotional state for the movie really resonated with me.

Moon is a wonderful, haunting work, proof that Hard SF can still have soul.

Now, having gone all mature and emotional for a moment, it's time to lapse back into something insanely adolescent and dumb. The film this scene comes from is, shall we say, somewhat flawed in most respects, and yet within it nestles one of the coolest, most amazing action sequences I've ever seen on film. I was jaw dropped by the compositing and the CGI work on this sequence. On the big screen, it-was-STUNNING.
Plus it has Optimus Prime.
You can't go wrong with Optimus Prime.
Optimus Prime COMMANDS you to click this link

The scene from the end of 'The Long Good Friday' - for the changing expressions on Hoskins face from shock to resignation.

The scene at the end of The Usual Suspects.

Milla Jovovich kicking ass in The Fifth Element while the blue opera lady sings.

Dorian Gray kissing Basil Hallward in Dorian Gray (2009) for the pure hotness.

Merry and Pippin bawling their eyes out after Gandalf 'dies.' Also, Merry and Pippin running forwards in one of the battles (don't remember which!) then being over taken by the men.

Jason Statham kicking ass in The Transporter when he puts the bike pedals on his feet...

So many good ones! My DVD collection has been packed away so I can't look to see what I have to jog my memory.

Ooh... The shark jumping out of the sea to eat the plane in Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.

Zombies on escalators in Dawn of the Dead!

What these Favorite Movie Scenes really are.

See, I'm usually quite a cynical and hard hearted little jerk, but I saw Moon just after moving away from all my family and friends to another part of the UK, and was bitterly homesick. That whole scene had me choked up when I first saw it, and still gets me now. In fact, Sam's whole emotional state for the movie really resonated with me.

Moon is a wonderful, haunting work, proof that Hard SF can still have soul.

It's difficult for anyone to always hold their emotions locked up inside. Movies are a good way escape from the drama of reality, but films can also show us what we hide within ourselves. It's like looking at one's own situation and seeing yourself, but of course it's up the individual to decide what to do next.

These little scenes from movies that we personally choose, are tiny bits of ourselves.

Favorite Movie Scenes

Fist of Legend (1994)

This is my favorite Jet Li movie!
In this scene, Jet is investigating the suspicious death of his late master.​

I'm partial to the scene in The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) where Dreyfus (Herbert Lom) disintegrates the UN building.

Samara/Sadako coming out of the tv. Totally unexpected, totally awesome. A lot of films nowadays suffer from the monster reveal. This just upped the brilliance of these.

Hey, I was getting to that...

Ring (Ringu) on Youtube

She's so beautiful.

Starbeast - agreed on Fist of Legend, although I'd probably pick that scuffle with his old master (if I remember right) as best fight in the film, or, of course, the final fight against the big Japanese fella. Great stuff.

Favorite Movie Scenes

I'm partial to the scene in The Pink Panther Strikes Again (1976) where Dreyfus (Herbert Lom) disintegrates the UN building.

That's my favorite Pink Panther movie! Metryq, here's another scene from that classic flick.

Fist of Legend (1994)

This is my favorite Jet Li movie!
In this scene, Jet is investigating the suspicious death of his late master.​

Ah not seen this one! I adore Jet Li. Apparently he's really precious about his hair!

Back