Next Series

padders

System Lord of ASciFi.com
Is any progress been made on the next series? who is writing it/producing it, what it is going to be like (before first contact i heard possibly.. i sure hope not) any one know anything about this?

I'm pretty sure I read (probably from one of the things that Stripe has posted here) that they want to take a break for awhile -- give it a rest so that when they do come back with the new series, people will be salivating for it. ;)

I think it would be interesting to see a series back when the Federation was first starting. How they got it going, the problems they had, etc.

Cheers,

umm not sure it is a little boring when you know what is going to happen afterwards, why i generally never like prequels that much. I would much prefere it set in time of the time police people that we see every now and again.

Well since I'm not caught up with all the episodes, that one is beyond me. ;)

You are right about prequels for the most part. Especially if it's about a younger version of the original. You know that nothing really bad is going to happen because they have to be alive and whole for the original show to have happened.

Unless it's an 'alternate universe'. ;)

Cheers,

exactly.. i would prefere further into the future. that would be more adventerous...

or how about doing a show from an alien race's perspective - i don't think that has ever been done? Farscape is probably the closest current show that is done like that in the "main" character is still human.

Yeah they could do tonnes of stuff with the Romulans, all those years between TOS & TNG and beyond, when they we're in isolation from the Federation, but must have been up to something, eg exploring the Beta Quadrant...

The Time Ship also has lots of promise, lots of crossover episodes and temporal shenanigans. How do they train people to cope with all the paradoxes without getting a hernia. And the EMH of the future would be really cool as well, could still be played by Picardo, could even be the same EMH as Voyager, depending how they end Voyager off... <breathe out>

I like the idea of having Doc back... like they had worf for ds9...

i think the time one would just be too confusing though in the end although i like it... what about the secret service type people who infected the dominion with that virus.

yeah Section 31. Following hte undercover work, infiltrating alien races, including the Dominion now we're at peace, how do S31 react to them now...

perhaps the virus was just to make them peaceful it was never designed to actually kill them :)

You guys are way ahead of me. (Complaining because she hasn't seen all the episodes ;))

But hey, I'd watch a series where the Doc was the lead character in a minute.

Cheers,