Pitch Black (2000)

Re: Pitch Black

I didn't get that either tau Zero. It was absolutely pointless and added nothing at all to the film, which until then had been a very good one. I much preferred Riddick as an anti-hero and didn't really like the sequel at all.

I luuuuuuurve this movie! Vin Diesel in sci-fi? HEAVEN! I love how he spends the whole thing in a tank top.... hmmmm sorry what were we talking about? I got lost in a Vintasy...

vin-diesel-00015.jpg

**SPOILER**

I think the idea was that she died to redeem herself for trying to kill everyone at the start.

Joel007 said:
I watched both films as comedies
Really?

I definately thought the 2nd was poor... the first had elements of black comedy....clever little bits to keep the suspense parts suspensful.. (is that a word??)

phase38 said:
Cinematic masterpiece, or a bit naff?

I think the lighting effects were outstanding, colourising different scenes. Chronicles of Riddick was a disappointment, but Pitch Black remains one of my fave films.

What say you lot?

I love Pitch Black, although to this day can't rem whether the lead lady was in Neighbours or Home and Away (Both Aussie soaps!)

Riddick was ruined in the Chronicals, he was so cool in Pitch Black. :mad:

awesome film, gritty and the lighting etc were bril, chronicles was not great but the visuals were awesome, the sets etc were done v well, especially the landing sequence near the start.

Memnoch said:
I love Pitch Black, although to this day can't rem whether the lead lady was in Neighbours or Home and Away (Both Aussie soaps!)

Dunno about the soaps but she was in Farscape. Aeron I think her name was in the series.

C. Craig R. McNeil said:
Dunno about the soaps but she was in Farscape. Aeron I think her name was in the series.

No Not Claudia the lanterned Jawed on with le Boobies

Riddick was ruined in the Chronicals, he was so cool in Pitch Black. :mad:
just to note, apparently most of the changes to riddick were made at diesel's suggestion. sad.

Exactly why an actor shouldn't have to much say!! It was like watching Xander Cage again in XXX.

Awful.

I love this movie! It's got everything I need in a good film - laughs, thrills and spills, great characters, good effects, a storyline I can get lost in. It looks good, it sounds good and is thoroughly entertaining.

It's not big, it's not clever, but it's soooo worth seeing!

aaaaww c'mon, it was alright. it kept 2 of my 10 brain cells busy for a couple of hours and that girl from neighbours died which is always a good thing.

Aliens but without acid blood, marines, face huggers, androids with knife tricks, beeping radars to build tension, people shouting "game over man", ripley and big guns. other than that same film.

I like it without being "Wowed" by it. It had enough scare elements, Vin was easy on the eye and I did go bck for a second helping when Chronicles of Riddick came out but .......

The only downside of seeing it was it made me beleive checking out xXx would be a good idea *-(
Have to agree with Trollkin "XXX was a waste of time and money"

The thing that made this a cult was Riddick himself. I havent seen Vin D being that cool in a movie since then.

The rest that were good was the monsters, the space stuff. The characters werent that good except Riddick.

Also i found it alittle scary cause of the monsters and how they killed.

A simple and fun movie.

Well, kind of a Starship Troopers in the dark. It was okay, I did enjoy it. The premise was at least reaching--the total eclipse and the planet going dark was a fairly decent idea. Kind of a sad ending when the girl gets it.

Tri

It's a great a budget film it's just a shame about it's bigger budgeted sequel. It's just too busy there was enough there to make two films instead of condensing into one.