stargate in canada

Hi I am from Vancouver!
I have even seen Ammanda Tapping (Sam) in person but couldn's get her autograph. :(

I watch Stargate 4 times a week
but I think that is not enough, they should show it more often.:p
Cheers!!

ya there !
love to see new faces around here !

one moment ........
PPL START POSTING NEW PERSON!!!
Ok WERE WAS I
ooh ya feel free to make your slef at home lunge aroung in the "lounge" (more like commn room )
all i'd like to ask is this pop in say something just so i know your alive!

thanx

and

welcome once again!

geees it just took me an hour to read this thread. I'm new as of yesterday...well technically 2 days ago, it's 1:30 am in Vancouver. Originally from Toronto. let's see if I can remember everything now:

Got a C- in French 11 (1% away from a C), I can't do languages. Wish I could. Took German, almost failed that too.

I believe I remember on Vikki Gabereau, Amanda Tapping said she was born in England & moved here when she was young

to the person who said Canadians are dumb, well then Americans are ignorant

Stargate is also filmed in Burnaby, especially on Burnaby Mountain at Simon Fraser University (my U). I saw the Stargate there when they were filming Pretense in the 3rd season.

and as for landed immigrants, they used to be able to vote. When my mum emmigrated from Britain 30 years ago she could vote, but they have since decided they can't for some strange reason. She didn't get Canadian citizenship becasue she would have to have given up her British (don't know if it's still like that), I have duel citizenship with Canada & Germany even though I was born here & lived here all my life, my dad was German so I could get both & can now work anywhere in Europe.

the Shapa-I looked like the Shapa-I. I'm actually kicking myself, even thought I wasn't into Stargate at the time (you've probably read already that I sow my first episode this past March) that I didn't take a photo...I ALWAYS have my camera on hand, I'm a photo-holic. I just stopped for a few minutes & peared into the field where the gate was no actors though, I was running off to class. I have since figured out, as I've mentioned in several places that it was during the filming of Pretense in season 3. That whole episode is of Simon Fraser University...gee I though I was off to bed but people seem to keep answering my posts.

what a bummer that you didn't have your camera!
well

hello
ello
ello
ello

wow is it ever dead around here
ere
ere
ere

The irony is that I DID have my camera on me (like I always do), I just didn't take a photo. & yes it is dead around here seeing I posted that over a month ago. So have you found any channels in Canada that have season 5 yet? I've found 4 showings of Stargate a week but of the 3rd & 4th seasons. I've been watching the 5th by downloading it off the internet.

ya i konw you did post that a long time ago.
and no i haven't found any that are showing season 5 i justd usually wait untill the shool season starts then its a new season of stargate

that sucks. They film it here, they should show it here first...or at least at the some time as the states...heck most of our cable channels are American aren't they?

I AM CANADIAN !!!!

Hi !
I'm from Quebec city and therefore am CANADIAN ( sorry I just can't help myself, I just have this Molson add in my head!!!)

OK I think this is great! A place where, we, CANADIANS, can talk among ourselfs and try to make Stargate a Canadian show !!!
( I actually believe it should be called canadian. I mean everything in the show is Canadian exept RDA, and I sure would love he was!!!!!)

Living in Quebec, I get to watch the french version of the show ( yes, French is my first language!!!) . I have to say: the translation sucks!!! They are changing the story sometimes!!!!! I know it's hard work to translate a show but still... And I most add, Jack's french voice IS sexy ( not as much as his real voice though!)

And as a conclusion ( been to school for too long I think!!!!!) I wanna say that it is a shame that we can't watch the great Macgyver in Quebec! Can you believe that? I've written a lot a e-mails to a lot of TV stations ( english ones... I mean I don't wanna watch Mac in French!) but still they're not doing anything! So If you kinda feel like sending a lot of e-mails... please help me !!!!

Ok I'm giving you ( and me) a break!
Bye!
maconeill:rolly2:

Hello Maconeill, welcome. Doesn't seem to me much of us Canadians around. No Macgyver in Quebec? Have we ever been able to get it, like when it first aired? I'm another Jack lover...stay away from my man!!! hee hee. I don't know, I don't think I could stand RDA's voice being dubbed over, would wouldn't get to hear his sexy voice. & changing the storywhen they translate? anything major? Do you still get all of Jack's sarcastic jokes & comments?

In conclusion, hee hee, I know what you mean about being in school too long, I just finally graduated from university, aka the Tolen home world (filmed at Simon Fraser University).

Anyhoo, don't mind us strange people...wait a moment, we're all strange here...

Dropping by!

Hi there Canada!

I am presently watching Point of view in french. God! This is the worst translation ever!!! You remember the scene when Kawalsky says to Jack that in his reality, Carter is his best friend's wife? Well, in french they changed everything!!! Kawalsky says : " Elle est la meilleure amie de ma femme." Which means " She's my wife's best friend!!!!!! They mixed it up!

And as for MAcgyver... I'm too young to know if it was ever presented in quebec but last January, CTV Montreal presented in special presentation the first episode of Mac. I taped it ( and know it by heart!!!!!) I then send an e-mail to the station to ask for more. They actually replied!!! telling me they had no plans to do so... Fortualy my best friend managed to tape me a whole cassette of Macgyver before her parents disconnected the numeric TV!!! So all I have is 7 episodes of Macgyver to survive!!!!

And here stops my complains....
maconeill

I forgot!

Yes, they sometimes forget ( or don,t want to) translate Jack's jokes!!! Can you believe it!!! They are cutting pieces of the charming colonel's personnality!!!

Enough, I'm stopping!:rolly2:

I've watched a few eps in french. The guy that dubs Jack has a very sexy voice, but I have been told, by someone who's seen him, that the guy doesn't look as good as he sounds.

WHAT?!?!?!?! No Jackisms!?!?!?! my poor poor Jack, & might I say all the poor poor people who only get to watch it in French...

Well, let's just say that in french, we get half of the Jackisms!
And it,s not only with Stargate. It's with every translation... for example, I went to see American Pie 2 this monday in franch and then in english this Tuesday ( yes I know, I'm nuts! the same movie 2 nights in a row!) . Anyway, The original version is 10000 times better!

Any of you from Quebec city or around! I fell like I'm the only one in this region...

And finally, The Big News!!!! I got my driving license yesterday!!! I can actually get from one place to an other ON MY OWN!!!!!!
Sorry, I most be overreacting!!!!!:rolly2:

Hey hi there! It,s me again!:D

Just wanted to let you know that tomorrow cfcf12 ( CTV montreal) is airing "Entity" which means that we should get season 5 in about 3 weeks!!!!! That is if they don't suspend the show for 1 or 2 weeks...:rolly2: :rolly2: and re-:rolly2:

congrats on your drivers license...be good. I've had mine for 6 years but I refuse to drive couse there's too many idiots out there...daily I'm nearly run over & that's just from me walking during my right of way with a great walking person light. Vancouver sucks big time...I'm a native Torontonian.