stargate in canada

Bonjour et merci pour l'accueil chaleureux. I'd just like to say that even though I realize that technically Stargate is an American show I think that it should be re-classified to Canadian since half of the four major characters are Canadian, the two lead supporting cast members (Don and Teryl) and the majority of extras and support staff. What do you think? It might help get rid of the Forest Ranger and Beachcomber image - not that I wasn't a Bruno Gerussi fan. (Did I just date myself?)

squirt, don't think Don S. Davis is Canadian ... don't you have to be a American citizen to be in the US Armed forces?

Squirt and Mingo,

According to my information Don S. Davis was born in Tennessee and Served as a Captain in the Army after college.
Went back and got MA and Phd. Then taught in Canada. He has worked as character actor there since 1985. I do not know if he is a Canadian citizen.

Saturday night is for kicking up!

Hi, I'm back!

Yup, Saturday nights are for kicking up. Thus, I'm not in to watch Stargate on the local stations. I have become electronically savvy to program my VCR for my Stargate addition. Once in a while when I'm working Saturday night, I can catch Stargate on UPN at 3am Sunday.

Don Davis has lived in Vancouver for quite a few years and he teaches at university there, so he's probably a landed immigrant. That's almost Canadian eh.:D What's his name, Dom DeLuise's son also become a landed immigrant.

Being from your underside... What is a landed immigrant? I understand that a immigrant owns land but what about the rest..? Still U>S. citizen? et cetera..

Well, when you have landed immigrant status, it means you can live and work in Canada and eventually apply for citizenship ,if you want. Or you can retain your US citizenship and remain a landed immigrant indefinitely.

Thanks, Col J. Didn't know! Needed help. Seems strange to live in a place for so long and not want to be a citizen.

Hi, landed immigrants are usually Empire/Commonwealth subjects. I think it's a hangover from before the Statute of Westminster and the Constitution Act. Landed Immigrants have all the rights of Canadian Citizens (health care, legal representation,education, etc.) but are not allowed to vote or hold office - they also pay their taxes here rather than to their original country. People who are just working here on visa pay their income tax to their country of origin.

Thanks, squirt, that is great information. But If I lived there I would want to vote! guess I am too interested in that stuff!

No resident and citizen are not the same thing. To be a Canadian citizen you have to be born here, or if you are from another country you can become a citizen after residing here for few years.

Thank you that really clarifies things for me. But I have trouble with residing in a place using all the things that place has and not being a citizen.... Others do not tho and I know RDA has two homes one in Canada and the other in Santa Monica. That's cool!

Santa Monica ? Does RDA have a home there ? i know he has one in Malibu and one in Minnesota and possibly one in Colorado.

Tha Man and His family get around. Yes. Or at least it was in our Newspaper that he and Aprile gave a birthday party for Wylie there!

duh, hello

Well, I was on the official site and well not many people know what I`m talking about when I say ONTV thursday at 8pm? Does that mean anyting to you???

no sorry dude nosen't ring a bell

:crying: :iiworry: :crying: CALLING ALL CANADIANS PLEASE COME BACK !!!!!!!I NEED YOU!!!! HELP ME TO HELP U!!!!!!!
:crying: :monkee: :crying:

:flash:

Hey, fellow Canadians! I'm here. I usually check in here about once a week.

I'm from BC, so I don't know what is going on with Ontv! But in BC we can get Stargate on three different channels: CHEK (Victoria), BCTV (Vancouver), KSTW (Tacoma, via cable). My friends with satellite can get Stargate on other CTV stations from across Canada; they get to watch the same ep of Stargate 4 times in one evening if you time it right.