padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

MythingLink

FIAD was one of the enigmatic episodes that they've ever done and was a joy to watch, I think.
It highlighted Peter Deluise's ability to direct Stargate and draw from the cast some really amazing reactions.

I was sorry to see that Sha're died, but feel that it was probably for the best as far as the series goes giving Daniel something more to motivate him in his trips through the Stargate and his continuation with the SGC.

However, having said that I wonder why it was necessary for Teal'c to deliver a killing blow instead of one that would just break the contact between Ammonet and Daniel. (I wondered the same thing in Serpent's Lair and Jack having to shoot Klorel as well.)

I felt for Teal'c but since this all happened in Daniel's head, I believe that what it told us was that the Daniel's bond with Teal'c was very strong since he was able to work all of this out in his head.

All in all, it was a good episode (IMHO) giving us more arcs to follow in later episodes.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

What another weird episode?
What exaclty happened at the end? Did he relive Sha're's death over again or somethign?
I liked the start but how did Kasuf contact them?

I don't think he relived it, I remember reading in an interview with De Luise that they showed Amonet using the ribbon device on Daniel in the beginning in slow motion so people will understand that everything up to the end happens during that time.
So, all we saw happened within a few moments, more confused now? :D

Yeah i'm more confused
HOw then do you think Kasuf contacted them at the start?

Possibly when they hid him and the child, they gave him a way to contact the SGC. Maybe another box to throw into the wormhole that would leave a specific radiation sig. <G>

Cheers,

Oh, good assumption!
Maybe they sent people through to hit the iris in morse code?

WORK WORK WORK.
I only get a chance get online here every so often. An when I do it take hours just to read the posts :)

Looks like thats gonna continue until mid November, probably. I just got done teaching classes for Aircraft Deicing recertification, spend two weeks working on proposals for staffing levels for 2001, and working double shifts to cover for another supervisor (I work 6am till 5pm and he works 2pm to midnight so I usually just go to bed when I get home). I still have Hazardous Materials class to teach in two weeks as well as going to Dallas to renew my Ground Security Coordinators certificates. I am, however,on Holiday for week (I'm just gonna stay home,sleep late,watch videos,and eat junk food). :)

hey

i just saw this epi for the firdt time.
it was really good. i loved it.........then again i love most stargate epis........

i saw this on sunday. it was very good but during this season ive felt that all the episodes end rather abrubtly. anyone else feel this way?

nah

i thought some wrer ok.
but i would agree. i mean with this one i would really have liekd to see more
also with rules of engagemnt i felt the same.i really wanted to know more.

Confusing

OK, this episode lost me. What happened and what didn't?
Besides the confusion, it was emotional at the end when Sha're says goodbye to Daniel. Still, it's always funny how Teal'c always carries a staff at the wrong time when a zat would've been better.

What I gathered from this episode is that from the post-credit sequence untill we go bavk to the tent, it's all in Daniel's head. A sort of odd "mind perspective" thing where from a certain perspective in your own mind a long time can pass, whereas in realtime only seconds do. Dreams are like this. Sometimes a dream can last 30 seconds and the events can take hours, sometimes a dream can last minutes and the events last seconds. Thus the title:" Forever in a Day. Great concept, this ep. The delivery is good, but not great though. And Teal'c prolly picked up a staff weapon becuase they are better battle weapons. One shot, one kill as a pose to having to hit your target twice.

Originally posted by Martouf
Oh, good assumption!
Maybe they sent people through to hit the iris in morse code?
Originally posted by SGPflughaupt
LOL....and I though MY long distance calls were costing me :)
I am laughing so hard I can't breathe. Even years later, you guys are a riot :)

And, BTW, doesn't the "human morse code" seem like something the Tok'ra would do? Prompting one of their "greater good" speaches in defense...

I am rather confused?

If, as stated, in your original message, one can not discuss this episode (or, it would seem any other) in any details and-- such as offering, perhaps, differing opinions on how the characters behaved in the show -- then what is the point of even posting about each episode?

And if other users of the board who are not considered Full Members -- can never start a new thread, as I was just reminded (after accidently doing so) then why would anybody want to come here at all?

Like Teal'c I would choice to follow those who seek Freedom....

So...enjoy your Thread.....

enjoy your Site.....

See ya all arund the Stargate Universe.....

Hi Goob'r55,

You may have misunderstood the messages somewhere. Padders thread starting message is suggesting that each specific episode be discussed in the "x.yy name" thread topic already assigned for each one. Its to minimise the number of threads and keep the server tidy etc. There are no restrictions on starting new threads: my badly explained point was that an episode specific thread already existed, and so didn't need creating all new by you.

The site encourages discussions (preferably that stick to topic, minimise un-labelled spoilage etc.) by members and non-members.