1.01: Children of The Gods

Name of airforce sergeant abducted

What was the name of the female Airforce Sergeant who was abducted at the start of COTG? :eek7:

i know -it's been a LONG time since anyone posted here - but, hey - thread resurrection is fun!!

and i'm gonna guess that P'Teppic already knows the answer to the question he asked in the previous posts - but just to answer -

her name is Carol -

i'm not sure she was given a last name - don't think so tho --

i did like this episode - and i also thought the nudity was unwarranted, as it added nothing but a gratuitous scene to the episode - Apophis could have ogled Shau're w/o the 'PTB' actually showing the audience that she was naked --

honestly - i was really afraid to watch this for the 1st time (the series in general) b/c i wasn't particularly thrilled with the movie - and i was afraid that RDA as Jack was gonna be like Kurt Russell as Jack - and that was scary - but RDA put his own little twist on it - and i could watch the show!

Just taking a look at this episode again this morning and I noticed that the worm hole that was established for Apophis and Teal'cs entrance closed after they started fighting with the people of earth. How did they re-establish another worm hole so they could return home? It has me perplexed!!!

That has always been one of my favourite "how did they do that" questions, alongside how did Daniel dial home from Abydos in the film? :p [And, in fact, since (at the begining the film) it was the first time they had managed a wormhole, why were they sure it was one-way? :D]

My personal thoughts (for the COTG part of the question) are:

a) a DHD-like property in Apophis's hand-device, (my personal favourite), that has not really been used since, and either:
  i) is "hard-coded" to always dial Chulak (or Apophis's other selected destination)
  ii) does a "last-number-redial" on the last incoming wormhole address
  iii) has full DHD properies (like the one in "1969")
b) a stand-alone, portable hand-DHD, with one of the above properties
c) they somehow stormed through to the control room, worked out how to control the dialling computer, and recognising the glyphs dialled home using it
d) the writers/SFX missed this
d) none of above

That device could have had many properties that we are not aware of...I stopped the episode because Sci-Fi is going to start airing Season 1 on Monday. But I need a stargate fix right now. Maybe I'll watch some season 2 stuff.

Originally posted by Eway
Just taking a look at this episode again this morning and I noticed that the worm hole that was established for Apophis and Teal'cs entrance closed after they started fighting with the people of earth. How did they re-establish another worm hole so they could return home? It has me perplexed!!!

Just saw the teaser of COTG and noticed the same problem. SGC has no DHD and Apophis & co. made no obvious dial home motions. The wormhole was simply there when they needed it.

Ooops, maybe the writers were hoping we wouldn't notice :D

Re: Naked sha're

Originally posted by Jaxie
Did anyone else (who saw the naked sha're scene) feel that the nakedness was not necessary.

The first women we see getting tested for Amounet (sgt. Lt. someone from the sgc) only shows head and shoulder shots.
Thinking about it four seasons later it wasn't really needed

jaxie

When they first gave the episode in my country they also viewed the naked Sha're, but with the reruns they cut some parts.
BTW : I love that scene ! Really 'scary' ... Great music ! :D
Great start of a great serie ! :cool:

One Reason

I think that they did it to show that Sha're was in essence being raped or violated in some way. Still, I agree, it doesn't really fit in with the rest of the series in that there has been no more full frontal nudity.

I concur, with both parts: they wanted to show the domination, physically, emotionally and mentally of the "slaves"