Spirit Gate

Discussion in 'Kate Elliott' started by Alia, Aug 4, 2006.

Alia

Alia Young at Heart

I'm not sure if Brian will let me do this, I'm not promoting this item but I am in a way by just posting it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Spirit-Gate-by-Kate-Elliott-2006-PROOF-OCTOBER_W0QQitemZ280014496315QQihZ018QQcategoryZ377QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was surfing ebay looking for the UK copies of The Crown Of Stars Series and stumbled upon this... The proof of "Spirit Gate".

I hadn't heard anything about this book. Apparently its suppose to be released October this year, according to the ebay site.

And on a side note... I think I would be upset, if I were Kate that someone has a copy of my book and selling it before the release date. Although, I'm tempted to bid on it.
    Alia

Alia Young at Heart

Here's a little piece about it. :)
    GOLLUM

GOLLUM Moderator Staff Member

I thnik I posted something on this a while back but it's good to see a firm date is in place and not too far away.

I seem to recall it's more YA than adult but anything by K. Elliott is going to be devoured by moi...:D
    Alia

Alia Young at Heart

[​IMG]
    I love the book cover.

That guy is still selling it on ebay. I'm very tempted to make a bid.

I'm not sure if this is the same book that is a spring off of The Crown of Stars Series. I think I'm going to ask. :)
    Teresa Edgerton

Teresa Edgerton Goblin Princess Staff Member

I thought Crossroads (of which this is apparently the first volume) is supposed to take place in a far corner of the same world as Jaran (only Fantasy not SF). Or am I confused?

edit: I'm not confused. I did a Google search and came up with this:

Kate Elliott: It is a new series with working title of Crossroads. It’s actually a fantasy novel set on Rhui, the same world on which Jaran is set. I imagine this as a fantasy story written by Sonia Orzhekov’s grand-daughter, channeled through me. I wanted to go back to Rhui and this was a roundabout way of doing so. It is not set on the plains, however, but in the uttermost east. It is not science fiction, but definitely fantasy. Beyond that, it’s hard to explain, although the tone is different from anything else I’ve written, as it should be. I’m really enjoying writing it.

Strangely enough, it's from our own Q&A with Alis.
    Alia

Alia Young at Heart

I thought Kate was suppose to write a Young Adult book with the same world as The Crown of Stars book. It's actually in one of the books in that series.
    kyektulu

kyektulu White Wolf

I have nearly finished Kate Elliots 'Spirit Gate' I won it on here. :D

It is brillient, I have been engrossed all throughout the book, I definetly reccomend it.

I have to admit to not of read anything of Kate Elliots before but I will certainly be purchasing the ''Crown Of Stars'' series.

A must read for any Fantasy Fan.!
    nixie

nixie pixie druid Staff Member

I'm about halfway through Spirit Gate.Finding it intriguing and very difficult to put down.Have to adore the reeves and their eagles.
    GOLLUM

GOLLUM Moderator Staff Member

I have the book but am yet to read it, so many books, so little time *SIGH*
    Anomander

Anomander New Member

I read the book, was quite nice. Not quite crown of starts material "yet", but may end up in that class.
    Rahl Windsong

Rahl Windsong Last of the Windsong Clan

I have just started Spirit Gate as I spied it on the shelf at my local library yesterday. I really like the Reeves and the Eagles and I also like how Kate just jumps right into the story without pages of explanations. :)
    Lacedaemonian

Lacedaemonian A Plume of Smoke

I have limited monies of late and though I have a book collection that boasts literally hundreds of unread works, I am on the look out for some new fantasy works. This caught my eye on Amazon but as yet I have not found a decent review of this book. I guess all I want to know is, how does it compare with the Crown of Stars series?
    Werthead

Werthead Lemming of Discord

My review of the second Crossroads book:

JagLover

JagLover New Member

I have read the first 3 books now and IMO it is her best work.

Book 3 ends stronger than almost anything else she has written.
    Ökuþórr

Ökuþórr In my chariot of awesome

I absolutly love these books, and the world and people that Kate Elliot has created:D
    Is there any more insight to be gained about this world and its peopl by reading the Jaren books?
    JagLover

JagLover New Member

Not really

Only into the character of Cornflower

Though the ending of Jaran book 3 (haven't got book 4 yet) does seem to be setting up a potential link between the 2 series.