Film hauls!

In with some books I received in the mail today were two films: Baraka (directed by Ron Fricke), and The Triangle (directed by Craig R. Baxley)

Thanks, Nesa. It does look intriguing, and I appreciate you sending it. As I've said before, you've not steered me wrong yet, no reason to expect anything different now...:D

Recently acquired:

The Black Dahlia (didn't get good reviews, but as it is from a James Ellroy novel, I had to get it)
Red Dragon (in a package with above film; I still think the original film version [Manhunter] is superior)
Rebel Without A Cause (one of my favorite films of all time)
Stir of Echoes (very good film)

Oh, also Grease 2, which isn't a good film at all, but has sentimental value for me, as it was partly filmed on the football field where my high school graduation was held. I've probably told that story here before.

Recently aquired:

R-Point on the Tartan Extreme label
4400 Season 1
King Of The Hill Season 2

I've just recently had:

The Godfather Trilogy:cool:
Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil...exelent film.

I only have a small one, CD collection!!

Donnie Darko, Shaun of the dead, Eternal sunshine SM, Team america, Matrix Trio, LOTR Trio and Sin City and Life aquatic.

See, its the quality, not the size thats important.

Ok, just got Pom Poko, Laputa: Castle in the sky (both anime), Pirates of the Caribbean 2, Jet Li Unleashed, Lost series 2, Volume one of the new BBC Robin Hood series and uh . . . no, that's it!
All Christmas pressies! ;)

Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition (14 DVD uber-set) :D
Bruce Dickinson Anthology (3 DVD set)
Rambo – First Blood (Ultimate Ed)
Cemetery Man
Bollywood Horror Collection V.01-B (2 DVD set Bandh Darwaza + Purana Mandir)
Val Lewton Horror Collection (5 DVD set)
The Omen (2 DVD Collector's Edition)
Carnival of Souls (Criterion 2 DVD set)
The Wicker Man - 2 Disc Director's Cut (DVD 2002)
The Exorcist - 25th Anniversary Edition (DVD 1999)

From the pirates (most are replacements):

Cronos
Mary Poppins
The Puppet Masters
Labyrinth
Moby Dick
The 13th Warrior
Star Wars (the original trilogy)
Merlin
Asterix and the Vikings
The Prestige
Life of Brian
The Holy Grail
Life On Earth
The Curse of the Golden Flower

My recent hauls (as in since coming to university and having my own money and quite a bit of time to fill!) have included:

The Grudge - one of my favourite horror films.
Silent Hill - I hate the gratuitous (in my eyes) use of CGI in this, but it's still a very good film.
The Music Man - not one I would normally chose, but it's such a feel good film!
Howl's Moving Castle - one of my favourite Studio Ghibli films.

And a few DVDs of TV series:
The Mighty Boosh series one
The Mighty Boosh series two
The Mighty Boosh Live
(yes...I really love the Boosh!)

Most recent DVDs I bought are

Corps Bride- Love Tim Burton

FF movie- it was only £4.99 so why not.

Chocolat- really sweet story!

Recent Purchases

Akira (box set), Ghost in a Shell, Blood the last vampire (all anime)
Ghostbusters 1 & 2
Phantasm Box Set
Razorblade Smile (great film for such a small budget)
John Carpenter's Cigarette Burns and Stuart Gordon Dreams in a Witch House (Masters of horror box set)
The Complete Monty Python's flying Circus (14 dvd set)

Ordered The Ninth Gate. The member who recommeded the book The Dumas Club said if I saw the film first I'd be damned but I can't miss a Roman Polanski and Johny Depp movie, not again. :)

That's quite a haul there, Cerberus! I'm interested in what you have to say about this one:

Im not really one for analysing films as I feel that it takes away from my enjoyment, but the films themselves where clever.

John Carpenter as always has given an excellent film well worth a watch as its not your usual horror, you know that something is happening but until the end your not sure what it is. Can't really say much about the film itself as I wouldnt want to ruin it.

Dreams in the Witch House (based on the H.P.Lovecraft short story) not as good as John Carpenter but still a decent enough movie, not really seen much by this director before so I wasn't sure what to expect, need to watch it again to get the feeling for it.

If you want to know more please dont hesitate to ask.